All licensed beauty professionals can agree that the health and safety of clients is a major priority. The unfortunate and frightening truth is that there is an “underground economy” of unlicensed individuals knowingly offering services to the public, ranging from haircuts, manicures and pedicures, to facials and chemical peels, without the proper training, education and certifications. [...]
Millennium Software, a leading technology and solution provider in the beauty and spa industry, and Transworld Systems, a leading provider in the A/R cash flow management and profit recovery industry, are pleased to announce an exciting joint offerin
Join Matrix for a free online education experience that should not be missed, as they host 5 virtual classes through September. Join Matrix live in the new ColorInsider Digital Classroom and interact directly with world-class Matrix Artistic Director
Pivot Point International, Inc. recently played host to 38 Pivot Point distributor partners at their global headquarters in Evanston, IL. The partners represented 55 countries from around the globe, including the United Kingdom, France, S
Dermalogica and The International Dermal Institute Support Those Affected by the Tragic Events in Boston
Dermalogica and The International Dermal Institute are dedicating their support to the Boston community with a number of initiatives in the aftermath of the terrorist bombings. Throughout the month of May, designated class fees and fees for treatme
Nail color has become a centerpiece of fashion, making its mark from the runway and red carpet to the streets of big cities and small towns. With that in mind, My Case Couture has partnered with OPI, the global leader in professional nail care by off
Elaine Travis, longtime hairdresser and now owner of Splash Hair Studio near Philadelphia, staged a charitable hair and fashion show to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. With the Woman of the Year title from the Society— an honor besto
Rumors Salon in Overland Park, KS, has added skincare to their menu with Repechage treatments and products. To continue growth and provide clients with a full service menu, Repechage was their skincare choice. “We wanted to carry a line that was un
Love Your Color by Cosamo USA, is hosting a Mother’s Day of Beauty at the Bleu Sur Bleu Salon in New York City, to benefit the members of Gilda’s Club NYC (GCNY) and their moms. On May 6, 2013 (Mother’s Day is May 12th) from 4-8 pm, Gilda’s
Van Tibolli Beauty (VTB) is pleased to announce that Stacy Davis has joined their executive sales team as the new Regional Sales Manager for the United Stated division of the company. An expert in the beauty industry, VTB will benefit from her vast
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...