Stars didn’t overlook the importance of gorgeous haircolor when it came to perfecting their looks as they graced the red carpet at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards Sunday night. Just as the shade of couture can make or break its reception of fashionista approval, so too can hair hue in the beauty world. The [...]
In our January 2012 issue, Redken Creative Consultant for Color Tracey Cunningham predicted three haircolor trends based on the looks of three current hot celebs: Emily Blunt, Isla Fisher and Emma Stone. Here, she shares the formulas to get the looks
Wella Professionals’ stylist ambassadors are forecasting the Hollywood hair looks for the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards. Tune-in to the live coverage of the red carpet arrivals to get tips, tricks and commentary on the favorite looks of the nig
Today I attended an event at the ultra-chic Thompson Hotel near Columbus Circle in NYC, where the beauty media was invited for stylish blow outs using products exclusively from Original & Mineral, an Australian color and haircare collection t
Tracey Cunningham, Redken creative consultant for color, was awarded the Colorist of the Year Award onstage at the 2011 Hollywood Style Awards. The ceremony celebrated the trendsetters in fashion and honored celebrities, influencers and style elite.
Wella Professionals Color and Oribe Hair Care have joined forces to develop joint programming for educational events such as Oribe Ateliers, a series of hands-on workshops that will be held nationally beginning at the end of September, and Oribe
Luminous haircolor and elegant styling merged in American Salon’s August cover feature, “Night Moves,” shot by esteemed photographer Laurent Darmon. The striking looks, inspired by New York City’s fashion-forward nightlife scene, were the work of L’O
Last week, I was lucky enough to be a judge for the Goldwell Color Zoom Challenge US semi-finals. After four years on the judging panel for this prestigious competition, I continue to be impressed by the quality of work, dedication and creativity of
If you haven’t already done so, check out our September issue! Our cover story, “Seeing Red,” features the hottest hair color trend for fall—red and copper tones! Tracey Cunningham, Redken creative consultant for color, fired up the model’s hair fo
L’Oréal Professionnel is hosting an interactive color certification Monday, July 19, from 10:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m. at Luxe Lab Salon in Santa Monica, CA. For $25, enjoy a morning or afternoon of hors d’oeuvres, drinks a
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...