It’s celebrity central for this week’s HiR as a few of the biggest names in the music industry have stepped out with new ‘dos for the entire world to see. —Aja Edwards Queen B, or better known as Beyoncé, debuted braided extensions wrapped up into a staggering beehive style while stepping out with her daughter [...]
This summer, Organic Color Systems’ kicks off its Advanced Organic Color Certification seminars, led by a team of expert organic colorists and stylists. Seminars will cover the entire Organic Color Systems product line, color theory and feature mod
Esteemed hairdresser and salon owner Eva Scrivo recently hosted a Balayage on Bond Street event at her eponymous salon in New York City to educate the beauty press about the process and benefits of using the artistic color technique. Scrivo says that
In our May issue, celebrity colorist and Redken Creative Consultant for Color Tracey Cunningham talked about spring and summer haircolor trends. Here, she shares the formulas for three of her current celebrity favorites—Minka Kelly, Kate Bosworth
For our March 2012 issue, American Salon and Redken teamed up to shoot the gorgeous triple cover—a first for American Salon—and inside feature to celebrate the launch of Redken’s new ammonia-free Chromatics haircolor line. Check out this video of
In our March 2012 issue, Matrix Artistic Director Daniel Roldan and Master Artistic Educator Victoria Yeremchuk played with depth-enhancing color placement to add an innovative twist to their model’s edgy cut in Stencil, part of the Urban Art colle
Pouf, frizz, flyaways: This is the price many clients have to pay in humidity-plagued regions like the South. Members of the largely textured market, rejoice! At the 2012 Bronner Bros. International Hair Show hosted in Atlanta February 18-21, Farouk
On Friday, March 9, three Austin area Matrix salons will team up to host the ‘Celebrate Your Color Color-A-Thon,’ to help raise money for the Bastrop Pregnancy Resource Center. Clients can choose from a wide range of color services in exchange for
In support of the year-round Go Red For Women campaign, the American Heart Association’s (AHA) initiative to keep women heart healthy—heart disease is the leading cause of death in women—three Cleveland, Ohio-based salons will be participating
Stars didn’t overlook the importance of gorgeous haircolor when it came to perfecting their looks as they graced the red carpet at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards Sunday night. Just as the shade of couture can make or break its reception of fas
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...