L’Oréal Professionnel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage series continues with the second look in this exotic collection. Capri, created by L’Oréal Professionnel Hairstylist and Colorist Natalia Alves, is inspired by the breathtaking island off the coast of Italy. This chic contrast blonde is both bold and beautiful. Here is how to get the look: SECTIONING 1. [...]
Featured in the May issue of American Salon, L’Oréal Professionnel colorist Andre Luis presents his look, Havana, inspired by Cuba’s capital. It is the first of four looks in the L’Oréal Professionnel 2013 Balayage Voyage, a collection of ill
Dare we say it, but it feels like spring in New York today! With the change in the weather, hair too deserves a brighter hue to match. Patrick McIvor, Goldwell and KMS California artistic and techniculture director, recommends spending extra consulta
As seen in American Salon’s February issue, Kaleidoscope is a swirling cultural collision of color and playfulness and is the newest collection created by Minneapolis-based Haus Salon. Led by Haus Creative Director Charlie Brackney and Color Direc
To help get Amy Poehler ready for hosting the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards, Tracey Cunningham, Redken creative consultant for color, updated her color, taking her from a single-process blonde to multidimensional highlights so her color would s
Matrix Artistic Director Patrick McIvor, one of the industry’s most respected colorists, shares (and demonstrates) his secrets for perfecting the ombré hair trend.
In our November issue, Redken Creative Consultant for Color and celebrity colorist Tracey Cunningham shared her color trends for the season. Here, she shares the formula for Gwyneth Paltrow’s brilliant blonde shade: 1. Soften the base with equal p
We showcased this gorgeous look by Marie Ferro, owner of Marie’s Hair Studio in Malibu, CA, in our October issue. Here, she shares the Goldwell formula for achieving the dimensional copper-gold hue: 1. Pre-lighten the hair starting 1 inch from t
To coincide with our August cover feature Dark Shadows, showcasing the new Neo Goth collection from Aveda, we reveal the color how-tos of The Violette Look. —Aja Edwards Color by Ian Michael Black Aveda Artistic Dire
Jennifer Aniston Ian Michael Black, Aveda’s North American artistic director for color provided the formula using Aveda color for this sunlit Jennifer Aniston look on clients with level 6 hair color and old highlights: Formulas Aveda Enlightene
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...