Ahhh, I love Paris. I have been all over Europe and all over the world, but would you believe this was my first trip to Paris? When I thought about how I wanted to spend my birthday months ago (no, not my 21st!), it struck me, â€œPARIS!â€ I did not hesitate to plan an October [...]
Hello my fellow beauty connoisseurs: The color temperature is rising, and blondes are scorching for summer! Whether itâ€™s highlighting, slicing, paneling or all over color, letâ€™s freshen our blondes up, or better yet, reinvent them.
When it comes to the beach-baby blondes of summer, some are icy cool and some are molten-gold hot, but all had better be sexy, healthy and spun through with spectacular shimmer. Thatâ€™s a tall-drink-of-water kind of order when youâ€™ve got
We often get so caught up in the routine of our business that we forget how great of an impact we can have on our clients. Many come to us not simply to get their hair cut and colored, but for the experience that we create for them. This is parti
Last Wednesday, I opened the doors of Mark Garrison salon for the Kerastase â€œOur Treatâ€ event, offering complimentary treatments and blow-outs throughout the day. Although the official invitation to the event went out the Friday befor
Maybe youâ€™ve heard about the new movie ChÃ©ri? Itâ€™s a Parisian romp set at the turn of the century starring Michelle Pfeiffer as a wry seductress. Clad in sumptuous costumes and showcasing radiant skin, Pfeifferâ€™s character
Lately hairdressers have been telling me that clients want a lot of different options for styling their hair. This isnâ€™t surprising. When everything is going well and people are relaxed, theyâ€™ll do their hair the same way every day. In
With the increasing consumer attention in recent years, I am regularly asked about specific properties and features of minerals makeup. The most frequent question I get is, â€œWhat is mineral makeup and how is it different than traditional ma
Recently, my dear friend Katie Crawford asked me to do her hair for her upcoming nuptials. How could I resist? We have been friends forever, and she is the closest thing to my sister. Knowing Katie, no stone would be left unturned, and this weekend w
Greetings my fellow beauty connoisseurs, What do you get when you bring thousands of fashionistas together under a huge umbrella? Itâ€™s the one and only IBS New York show. This Jet is soaring from seeing so much talent and passionâ€”I
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...