I guess we should be thanking Sex and the City for one more thing – the Brazilian Bonanza! If it weren’t for those girls, what would we be doing right now? The Brazilian Wax is one of the most brilliant waxes of our time— and it’s sticking around (literally!). Not to mention all the money [...]
What a whirlwind! I just got back from New York Fashion Week, where I directed the makeup for six shows. The designers were a mix of next-big-things and veterans, and I loved working with each and every one of them. I always enjoy the collaborative s
In the beauty world, there are women who rarely deviate from their natural look. There are others who cling religiously to their neutral palette, black liner or red lipstick. And then, god love them, there are those wide-eyed, fashion-obsessives who
Some people say that the key to success is having a clear vision and working that vision. Others would say that it is creating a thriving team, one that is aligned with your vision. It could also be said that success comes from luck, timing or who
Have you seen them yet? The big bold brows from the fall runway shows? They are GORG! Right up my alley – I don’t believe in thin women or thin brows! A bold brow can literally transform a person’s face and be the perfect seasonal bang. To te
Life’s a little more fun when you read between the lines—especially if those lines are composed of zinging color. With this in mind, I’ve just launched a new pencil collection with arresting shades for eyes, lips and brows. A stellar pencil is
There is one saying I heard quite often when I worked with Neill Corporation. It went something like, “What you inspect, you can expect.” I shared this with many salon owners. It was an easy way to remember that what you put your attention on wil
Fashion designers preview their resort collections during the summer months, forecasting looks that will land in stores at the end of the year. What I love about the resort shows is, unlike the spring and fall collections, their tone is reliably play
Erykah Badu raised eyebrows recently in her striptease video, Window Seat, but what about when a client wants to go nude? I say go ahead—but, of course, I’m referring to nude lips. There is something undeniably sexy about creamy beige and taupe l
I was really excited to be back in Asia recently, educating there for Redken for the first time in seven years. I was in Taiwan, presenting to 400 hairdressers in a theater just outside of Taipei. The local crew put in a lot of effort to get the stag
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...