The Premiere Beauty Classic show hosted 2,625 attendees at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio last October. Focusing on education, the show allowed stylists to earn up to eight hours of Continuing Education (CEUs). The Center Stage lineup ranged from Paul Mitchell’s Scott Cole to GKhair’s Kevin Boltz, and educators included companies such [...]
American Salon/Redken Runway Reinvention contest-winner Liubov Rachmanina won a trip to New York City to have dinner with the American Salon editorial team, shop at Redken’s 5th Avenue store and meet Redken Creative Consultant Guido for breakfast. He
Premiere Birmingham welcomed beauty aficionados this September to check out tools and products and experience quality education at the 465 booths on the exhibit floor at the Jefferson Convention Center in Birmingham, AL. Fall trends were showcased on
In early October, 4,000 stylists, haircolorists, makeup artists, students and salon owners gathered at the Minneapolis Convention Center for Aveda Congress 2011. The event, this year called “Pow Wow,” boasted technical and creative presentations from
Number 4 High Performance Hair Care has brought acclaimed stylist Steve Elias on board as its newest guest artist as part of a continuing effort to expand the brand’s educational offerings. Elias is an eight-time North American Hairstyling Awar
There’s no denying that the brow has become the It beauty accessory of the moment. From brushed-up to bleached-out, the arches are getting plenty of play and have become the new focus feature. Here are some of tips and tricks on edgy yet fresh ways
This special guest post is from American Crew Creative Director Craig Hanson: Cool was redefined in the 1950s as the mix of rock and roll, blues and country, combined together with a rebellious style and attitude. Those who followed this tre
“The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear.” Brian Tracy I love having a focal point in my life. Each year I set my sights on specific goals and intentions. I don’t know about you, but somet
This time of year, the number one request I get from clients is to help them restore that luminous sun-kissed look from the warmer season before. Electing warmer shades like bronze and beige create this effect, but you must be careful or else they’
People always ask me if there are regional differences when it comes to women and their makeup. And it’s true that what rates highly in one state may not be the same in another. Texan women adore my DeVine Goddess lipsticks in the SMP, while Califo
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...