The Phoenix-based Mane Attraction Salon teamed up with RESCUE (Reducing Euthanasia at Shelters through Commitment and Underlying Education) to raise more than $17,000 at 12th Annual Pet Fundraiser earlier this month. The fundraiser involved on-site salon services, pet-themed vendors and a silent auction. Those involved are dedicated to fighting against pet euthanasia. To date, the [...]
The efforts of the Metro St. Louis Cinderella Project helped to provide more than 150 girls from more than 40 high schools facing financial difficulties with prom dresses, and in most cases, free hairstyles, make-up and manicures. Belleza Salon of
The 27th annual Caper Event for Paul Mitchell Schools was held at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas February 20–22, with more than 2,500 motivated future professionals in attendance. Each of the students who joined the 200 hundred staff members, eac
On Friday, March 9, three Austin area Matrix salons will team up to host the ‘Celebrate Your Color Color-A-Thon,’ to help raise money for the Bastrop Pregnancy Resource Center. Clients can choose from a wide range of color services in exchange for
In support of the year-round Go Red For Women campaign, the American Heart Association’s (AHA) initiative to keep women heart healthy—heart disease is the leading cause of death in women—three Cleveland, Ohio-based salons will be participating
Six salons in upstate New York and northern Pennsylvania that were damaged by this past summer’s tropical thunderstorms and Hurricane Irene received surprise holiday visits and a wealth of gifts from the Matrix Chairs of Change initiative, led
Dermalogica founder and owner Jane Wurwand spoke to members of the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) at the annual meeting in New York City last September for the second year in a row. Wurwand updated the group on the progress of joinFITE, the company’
Pureology enlisted its stylist to lead the Eco-Chic Fashion Show hair team at Global Green USA’s 7th Annual Gorgeous and Green Benefit in San Francisco, to celebrate a night of fashion and passion for green initiatives .Pureology,
Joico salons’ Beauty for a Cure in-salon initiatives raised over $50,000 for breast cancer awareness programs during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. Activities ranged from cut-a-thons to a celebrity-filled event at Gavert Atelier Salon in B
In recognition of World AIDS Day I attended a very inspirational event at Hair on Madison in Harlem, NY. For the first time, I learned about Hairdressers Against AIDS, a unique advocacy program sponsored by L’Oreal Fondation D’Enterprise an
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...