Aligning your salon or brand with a charity not only benefits the charity, but also benefits salons and stylists in many ways. Salons can host fundraising events for clients and encourage them to bring a friend to help increase new business or invest in a manufacturerâ€™s charitable promotion to boost retail sales and increase conversations [...]
H Studio Salon (Mission Viejo, CA) recently hosted a Three Generations of Generosity event benefiting Locks of Love. At the event, four members of the same family each donated at least 10 inches of their hair to the charity, a non-profit organization
Splish Salon, an eco-friendly salon in Conifer, Colorado, will host their second annual Flip the Earth community event on August 29th and 30th. The weekendâ€™s activities include a red carpet hair and fashion show, a dance company performance, a
With October just around the corner, Look Good… Feel Better is launching a new in-salon awarness campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. Now in its 20th year, the beauty industry’s flagship charity was created in 1989 to help
Tranquility Day Spa & Salon of Manassas, VA, will host a hair tent at Northern Virginiaâ€™s annual Convoy of Hope outreach event later this month. Convoy of Hope, a nonprofit organization that provides disaster relief to impoverished famili
Funnyman Will Ferrell is lending his nameâ€”and his bodyâ€”to a line of sunscreens that benefits the non-profit charity Cancer for College, which was started by Ferrell’s University of Southern California fraternity brother, Craig Pollard.
I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said: â€œDo not believe everything you think.â€ Those are very wise words. As someone who lives a self-examined life, I can spend a lot of time thinking about what I am thinking about. Sometimes tha
Pureology Serious Colour Care is the exclusive haircare and styling sponsor for the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC). Pureology is helping build awareness of this disease with its limited edition Break the Silence PureVolume Collection, which
Salon Pasca, in Wilmington, DE, hosted their second annual cut-a-thon for Pantene Beautiful Lengths on May 31st. A total of 57 people each received a free haircut and style in exchange for donating at least eight inches of hair to make wigs for c
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month isn’t until October, but Mirabella Beauty is helping salons and spas and their clients get a head start on raising funds for breast cancer research, treatment and education with its new Hope Lip Colour. For
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...