Cosmetologists Chicago, (CC) who has a long history of giving back to salon owners and professionals in need, has recently helped five salon owners who were impacted by Hurricane Sandy, the devastating storm that ravaged the east coast. In December 2012, CC held a holiday event featuring Fabio Sementilli and his talented Wella Professionals [...]
Halo Salon & Day Spa in Roseville, CA is gearing up for their charity hair show, HairWars, planned for June 28. Local salons and stylists will compete in a battle of the beauties with proceeds benefiting HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary, a 3
In response to the tragic tornadoes that flattened entire neighborhoods near Oklahoma City and surrounding Great Plains states yesterday afternoon, the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is calling on beauty professionals and companies to dona
Capozzi & Co. Salon, an Aveda beauty spot on Long Island, will present its fifth annual Shear Runway Project on Sunday, July 7 at Emporium in Patchogue, NY. The competing stylists will create hair, clothing and make-up looks fitting the 2013 them
Teresa Giudice of Real Housewives fame showed her support for Hurricane Sandy victims at the Cactus Salon & Spa benefit in Plainview, NY. The salon’s stylists offered exclusive blowouts, using Giudice’s Milania Professional Hair Care products
Dermalogica and The International Dermal Institute Support Those Affected by the Tragic Events in Boston
Dermalogica and The International Dermal Institute are dedicating their support to the Boston community with a number of initiatives in the aftermath of the terrorist bombings. Throughout the month of May, designated class fees and fees for treatme
Elaine Travis, longtime hairdresser and now owner of Splash Hair Studio near Philadelphia, staged a charitable hair and fashion show to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. With the Woman of the Year title from the Society— an honor besto
Love Your Color by Cosamo USA, is hosting a Mother’s Day of Beauty at the Bleu Sur Bleu Salon in New York City, to benefit the members of Gilda’s Club NYC (GCNY) and their moms. On May 6, 2013 (Mother’s Day is May 12th) from 4-8 pm, Gilda’s
It was night of glitz at glamour at New York’s Mandarin Oriental Hotel on April 3rd, where actress Patricia Clarkson and co-chairs Alexandra Lebenthal, Frederick Anderson and Janice Innis-Thompson welcomed over 200 guests to the 2013 Hale House
Becoming an eco-friendly salon can seem like a daunting task, but these salons—seen in “It’s Easy Being Green” in our April issue—have more to share about how they took the plunge. Stephanie Schmidt, Verde Salon, Chandler, AZ: Stephanie Schmid
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Franco Gobbi Knots Hair for Acne Studios Resort Presentation June 12, 2013
- Join Dermalogica’s Exclusive “Futurescape” Symposium in Los Angeles on September 9th and 10th June 11, 2013
- Iconic Colorist Kim Vo Becomes the Newest Millennium Software Client June 5, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...