Salons across the country are gearing up for summer with a new twist on styling (think: perfect blowouts, braids and messy buns and now you’ve got the idea). Right on cue, Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli shares his foolproof tips for creating the season’s hottest looks and keeping strands in peak condition. [...]
Designer Stella McCartney tapped the eco-conscious beauty line Aveda and Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders to create hairstyles for her autumn presentations in Tokyo and Hong Kong last week. Local hairdressers supported the Aveda Team to s
L’Oréal Professionnel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage series continues with the second look in this exotic collection. Capri, created by L’Oréal Professionnel Hairstylist and Colorist Natalia Alves, is inspired by the breathtaking island off the
Featured in the May issue of American Salon, L’Oréal Professionnel colorist Andre Luis presents his look, Havana, inspired by Cuba’s capital. It is the first of four looks in the L’Oréal Professionnel 2013 Balayage Voyage, a collection of ill
Actress Zoe Saldana arrived at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards looking gorgeous with her long and wavy tresses flowing on the red carpet. Celebrity stylist for Moroccanoil, Mara Roszak, styled her hair for the event. “I decided to go with an easy, lo
Dare we say it, but it feels like spring in New York today! With the change in the weather, hair too deserves a brighter hue to match. Patrick McIvor, Goldwell and KMS California artistic and techniculture director, recommends spending extra consulta
As seen in American Salon’s February issue, Kaleidoscope is a swirling cultural collision of color and playfulness and is the newest collection created by Minneapolis-based Haus Salon. Led by Haus Creative Director Charlie Brackney and Color Direc
For Glamour magazine’s February 2013 cover, hairstylist Roque relied on Oribe Hair Care to create Zooey Deschanel’s updated 1950s rodeo girl look. “It’s great to take retro inspiration and modernize it through the use of individualized textur
To help get Amy Poehler ready for hosting the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards, Tracey Cunningham, Redken creative consultant for color, updated her color, taking her from a single-process blonde to multidimensional highlights so her color would s
The stars attending the 70th Annual Golden Globes looked stunning in glamorous gowns and shimmering hair to match. Here, we share some of our favorite trends from the evening and tips from the stylists behind these award-worthy ’dos on how to recre
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...