At Bibhu Mohapatra’s runway show, he called upon Amit Abraham for L’Oréal Professsionnel to translate his symbolism of a luna moth and the transformation of a woman from his new collection into the hairstyle for the show. Abraham decided on a sleek, modern and graphic ’do, opting for a deep center part from the forehead [...]
Inspired by a Vesper bat-like creature that resides on a Polynesian island, the look at Haus Alkire was an angelic, mysterious woman emerging from glorious, enchanting nature. To create a style representing this theme, Lead Stylist Marco Lafrate,
Betsey Johnson’s show at ESPACE was not only a reveal of her spring 2013 collection, but also a full on party for the designer who turned 70 the day of the collection’s reveal. To celebrate, the show also featured vintage Betsey pieces from the ‘
In order to maintain the minimalistic style of the spring 2013 collection from Perry Ellis by Duckie Brown’s, Lead Hairstylist Ramona Eschbach for Oribe Hair Care opted for clean hair lines and a slicked back style to ensure the overall look was cl
Recently I attended Strut: The Fashionable Mom Show, a premiere event held on the last day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in honor of gorgeous fashionable moms everywhere, and showcasing designer clothes realistic for today’s fashionable moms.
Designer Reed Krakoff always delivers that Americana sportswear look and Redken Creative Consultant Guido was sure to emulate the look of true beauty and expensive richness with his texturized, long and simple hair, perfect for Krakoff’s fall 2012
The color pink should simply be renamed Betsey Johnson. A total fashion icon and tiny ball of exuberant energy Betsey Johnson showed her Fall 2012 Collection—with plenty of pink—this week to a packed theater at Lincoln Center. The theme of
Pumped electric nature was found throughout the hair, makeup, and clothes of design house Haus Alkire for its Fall 2012 collection. With cool lines and graphically awesome prints the designs of Julia Haus and Jason Alkire were well complemented with
The fall 2012 Vivienne Tam collection told the story of an adventurous girl on a “Mongolian journey.” The designer collaborated with TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin to create an “east meets west” hairstyle that would be the perfect fit f
Backstage at the Carmen Marc Valvo show, both Carmen and the lead hairstylist for the show, Ted Gibson, were all smiles. As I admired the beautiful gowns that were about hit the runway I talked with Ted Gibson about how he would compliment the col
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...