My Fashion Week experience started out on a high note at the Walter show. Stylist Scott Fontana used a variety of the 29 products from his brand-new line, Badass Hair, to create the “street-edgy” looks that perfectly complemented the designer’s signature urban/exotic style. Fontana did a lot of teasing and back-combing to achieve the messy [...]
Diego Binettiâ€™s innovative Fall â€™09 show on Sunday at Focus Studios featured dancers from the Cedar Lake Dance Company, who pushed models on round platforms onto the runway, where they dismounted and walked the floor. Backstage, lea
Diego Binetti’s innovative Fall ’09 show on Sunday at Focus Studios featured dancers from the Cedar Lake Dance Company, who pushed models on round platforms onto the runway, where they dismounted and walked the floor. Backstage, lead hairstylis
On Friday I hit the tents at Bryant Park to see what hairstyle Thomas Dunkin, lead hairstylist for Sebastian Professional, was creating for the Charlotte Ronson show, which featured clothing inspired by a combination of 1940s glamour and rocker fem
Last night I headed to the Altman Building for the Alvin Valley show, where lead hairstylists for Nioxin Theodore Leaf and Donna Maggi were busy giving their male and female models looks that channeled the classic elegance of the 1930s, but with a
Yesterday afternoon, I had the privilege of attending Zang Toi’s annual benefit/fashion show for the Lance Armstrong Foundation, where celebrities and New York socialites came together for an afternoon of food, fashion and fundraising at the chic res
On Wednesday morning (sorry for the delay!), I got to see the runway show for one of my favorite designers, Nanette Lepore, and witness renowned Bumble and bumble stylist Jimmy Paul work his magic. Paul, who could not have been nicer and more graci
As editor in chief of American Salon, Iâ€™ve been fortunate enough to be given exclusive access to all the shows that famed session stylist Guido Palau does for Redken during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, including Marc Jacobs, one of the hottes
The CND Studio’s walls are lined with concepts and inspirations for different shows For the past week, we’ve been taking you backstage at some of the fashion world’s biggest shows, giving you inside access to the look
On Wednesday I headed back to the tents at Bryant Park for a glimpse backstage at the striking look lead hairstylist for Aveda Odile Gilbert was creating for the 3.1 Phillip Lim show. “It’s sophisticated and girly at the same time,” Gilbert said of
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...