Fantasy Street Style was the name of the game at the Alice + Olivia presentation at the Highline Stages Monday. Moroccanoil Artistic Director Antonio Corral Calero entwined messy French braids for a sophisticated and playful updo, using braided extensions where needed. “It’s a mix of rock ‘n’ roll but sexy and feminine,” Calero said. First, [...]
At Custo Barcelona’s Fall/Winter 2013 show, beauty and the beast was the theme, presented in a mix of tribal and ornamental pieces, including men in patchwork and printed high-necked tunics and women in fitted clothing with pronounced shoulders and a
For Creatures of the Wind’s Fall/Winter 2013 show for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, it was all about natural waves, a strong, but quiet existence and super funky nails—all to coicide with a collection that was inspired by the Memphis Design Movement
At The Standard Hotel in New York City Friday, TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin created druid-like hair for Katie Gallagher’s Narnia-inspired collection that was predominantly black and combined form-fitting and draped pieces. The hairstyl
For the Ann Yee Fall/Winter 2013 show, Yee was inspired by Black Mountain College, a beatnik liberal arts college founded in the 1930’s that was a unique educational experiment for artists. Complete with lots of knits, Yee’s clothes exemplified the
Just like seasons past, Redken Creative Consultant Guido was tapped once again to deliver an edgy New York City look to the hair that translates to the Rag & Bone design aesthetic. To do this Guido created a funky knot with a deep side part f
Design house Wildfox is into kitsch and class and decided for its fall/winter 2013 collection to take on the roaring 1920s, “ala The Great Gatsby” To pull of the look in the hair US Creative Director for TIGI, Heath Grout, styled most of the girls
For Haus Alkire’s Fall 2013 show, Catwalk by TIGI Creative Director Heath Grout prepped models’ hair at the New York City TIGI Academy, his third season working with the fashion designer couple. Inspiration for the fall 2013 collection came from phot
Stylists from Aveda salons across the country flocked to the Aveda Advanced Academy in New York City January 13 and 14 for the experience of a lifetime—to participate in two full days of exclusive workshops preparing them to work backstage at New Y
Richard Chai’s spring 2013 collection featured muted pastels, crisp white and light creams with pops of dark navy, and to complement his sophisticated designs he turned to Lead Stylists Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan for Aveda to ensure hair stylin
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...