Yigal Azrouël showed his spring ’10 collection at the tents at Bryant Park with models sporting hairstyles created by Aveda vice president global creative director Antoinette Beenders, who described the looks as “wet-a-porter.” “They’re punky London looks but with a New York style,” she told me. To achieve the look, a messy knot at the [...]
The glamorous nightclub space M2 was the setting for Cesar Galindo’s dramatic show, which featured brightly colored dresses, many embellished with architectural curves and ruffles. Holli Smith for Redken chose to keep hair simple, styling the mod
On Sept. 10, the first day of New York Fashion Week, Aveda joined with Vogue and New York City shoppers to celebrate the first-ever Fashionâ€™s Night Out at two of its Manhattan locations. Fashionâ€™s Night Out is a global initiative to pro
Monique Lhuillier’s spring ’09 collection was presented at Christie’s, an apt location for the glamorous designs, which were inspired by Maasai warriors. Backstage, Laurent Philippon for Bumble and bumble was styling the models’ hair into crimped
Here in Manhattan, we’re in the middle of spring ’10 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. I kicked off the week with a visit backstage at BCBG Max Azria, in the tents at Bryant Park. The lead stylist, Bob Recine for Phyto, was busy backstage tending to t
During the recent Fashion Week Fall 2009, I had the opportunity to attend the runway shows of J.Mendel and Juan Carlos Obando. I also went backstage before each of them to check out the hair and makeup. At J.Mendel, lead hairstylist Odile Gilbert cre
Catherine Malandrinoâ€™s elegant Fall â€™09 show was held on Thursday at the venerable Rainbow Room on the 65th floor of 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Guests, who included Mena Suvari and Mary J Blige, were treated to Bellini cocktails and hors
Catherine Malandrino’s elegant Fall ’09 show was held on Thursday at the venerable Rainbow Room on the 65th floor of 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Guests, who included Mena Suvari and Mary J Blige, were treated to Bellini cocktails and hors d’oeuvres b
On Tuesday I headed to the Gagosian Gallery for the eagerly anticipated Rodarte show, which was attended by Kirsten Dunst and Elijah Wood. Backstage, lead stylist for Aveda Odile Gilbert was creating chignons from ponytails that were laced up and
On Tuesday I headed to the Gagosian Gallery for the eagerly anticipated Rodarte show, which was attended by Kirsten Dunst and Elijah Wood. Backstage, lead stylist for Aveda Odile Gilbert was creating chignons from ponytails that were laced up and w
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...