My day started at the tents at Bryant Park today, where Yigal Azrouel was showing his fall ’10 collection at the Promenade. Lead stylist for Catwalk by TIGI Teddy Charles was creating a low looped ponytail he described as “easy chic” to work with the collection’s many high collars. To get the look, he applied [...]
This morning I headed backstage at Exit Art in Manhattan to check out the hair, makeup and nails at the Ruffian show. Lead stylist for Bumble and bumble Neil Moodie described the inspiration for the hair as “a French girl who visits the moon.” Moodie
Yesterday I headed to Milk Studios and made my way backstage at L.A.M.B, where lead stylist for Moroccanoil Danilo was creating beautiful 1930s-inspired wavy hair with bangs to complement Gwen Stefani’s edgy fashions. Danilo applied Moroccanoil Hydra
I loved the hair at Organic by John Patrick Fall/Winter 2010 Fashion Week show. Lead stylist Odile Gilbert for Aveda created a modern twist on the Brigitte Bardot “pouf” to complement the collection. “Our collection this season is centered arou
Editorial hairstylist and salon owner Davide Torchio was selected to do the hair for fashion designer Cynthia Rowley’s latest film, Hide and Seek, which played in New York City taxicab TVs throughout Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and can still be se
The doo.Ri spring ’10 collection, shown at Bryant Park, featured a color palette in shades of gray with pops of blue and pinks and fabrics ranging from silk to jersey to tulle. To complement the collection, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita c
Artist and fashion designer Susan Cianciolo showed her spring ’10 collection in a lofty space Downtown. A sitar player provided the sound track for the presentation, which featured eco-friendly designs made from recycled, repurposed and organic mater
For the Juan Carlos Obando show at Milk Studios, Number 4 High Performance Hair Careâ€™s Style Bureau members, which included acclaimed hairstylist Didier Malige and Suzzanne Hawkins from award-winning CrÃ¨me Color Lounge in Chino Hills, CA, c
For the Juan Carlos Obando show at Milk Studios, Number 4 High Performance Hair Care’s Style Bureau members, which included acclaimed hairstylist Didier Malige and Suzzanne Hawkins from award-winning Crème Color Lounge in Chino Hills, CA, created
For the Cynthia Steffe show, key stylist Rolando Beauchamp for Bumble and bumble kept things simple. “I was inspired by the early ’70s,” he said, referring to the middle part with some texture he created for the runway. Stylists didn’t need to use ma
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...