Guido, Redken creative consultant, created a dual-textured modern long hair look to complement the chic clothing at Victoria Beckham’s show, which took place at the elegant New York Public Library. “It has no reference to another period in time,” he told me. To achieve the look, he added extensions to some of the hair for [...]
Backstage at The Stage at Lincoln Center, Jon Reyman for Aveda gave long hair an effortless-looking, natural treatment at Charlotte Ronson. First, he prepped strands with Pure Abundance Style Prep and Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray and parted the
The Behnaz Sarafpour show took place at the elegant Jane Hotel, where Aveda’s Antoinette Beenders was backstage crafting beautiful, slightly undone ponytails to complement the 18th century-inspired clothing. “It’s meant to be under-processed ha
Houghton’s spring 2013 collection featured black and white lace, sheer panels and touches of pretty floral colors such as navy, pinks and creams to represent a fresh, younger and fun woman. To complement the feminine yet edgy collection, Lead Hairs
The inspiration for the hair at Alexander Wang’s spring 2013 show at Pier 94 was futurism minimalism according to Redken’s Creative Consultant Guido. Gudio equipped himself with a challenge to use a ponytail but find new ways to make it different
Lead Hairstylists for Aveda Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan created a style that was straight and sleek to complement the new simple spring 2013 collection from TIBI shown at Center 548. To get the look, the guys used Pure Abundance Style Prep from
Scott Sternberg, designer of the brand Band Of Outsiders has a thing for the controversial Japanese military thriller Battle Royale from director Kinji Fukasaku, so much so that the film served as inspiration for his Spring 2013 collection that featu
It was all about muted pastels for the Spring 2013 Peter Som look this morning at Milk Studios for New York Fashion Week. Global Creative director for Wella Professionals Eugene Souleiman kept things funky, messy and flowing with long disheveled l
Finnish designer Paola Suhonen for her brand Ivana Helsinki called on exaggerated silhouettes and eye-catching prints for her Spring 2013 collection last night at Pier 57 for New York Fashion Week. Hair and makeup was created by Brian C. Hawkins f
It was all about Nomads for the Spring 2013 Kimberly Ovitz show at Pier 57, my first show as a part of the Spring 2013 Season for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. The shows lead make up artist Gina Betelli for M.A.C. Cosmetics said the Spring 2013 Kimb
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...