At the Spring 2012 Alexander Wang fashion show, Guido, the lead hairstylist for Redken, gave hair a “very downtown look” to complement Wang’s urban fashion. Redken 07 Full Frame Mousse took center stage as he applied an abundance of it to the hair of every model. Hair was parted to the center and then left [...]
Natural, effortless, beauty was the theme at the Spring 2012 Rag & Bone fashion show. Guido, the lead hairstylist for Redken, wanted to create his own version of the “mid-nineties British rave culture” with simple yet glamorous styles.
At this year’s Yigal Azrouel spring show at Highline Studio, things were kept fashionably casual, mimicking “something a girl in New York would buy,” said Jimmy Paul, hairstylist for Bumble and bumble. “It’s a simple look, very urbane, very real,
Before hitting the town for Fashion’s Night Out, I stopped by Pipino 57, celebrity stylist Ric Pipino’s new Wella flagship salon, for a little primping. I was first given voluminous waves by Shalom Sharon, whom I had interviewed the day before at the
For Tadashi Shoji’s tulip-inspired spring 2012 show, lead hairstylist Rodney Cutler created a half-up style that was “a little bohemian and very sophisticated.” As such, Cutler sought to take an evening approach to a classic beachy, hippie look. Afte
To complement designer Lindsay Degen’s artsy and colorful spring 2012 womenswear collection, lead hairstylist Shalom Sharon for Oribe Hair Care infused the styles he created with multi-hued hair wraps. Inspired by the knitted clothing, Sharon gave th
Vogue and CFDA’s third annual Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) was a huge success, bringing freebies, makeovers, music and celebrities to excited shoppers in New York City last night. Companies like Redken, Sebastian Professional and Essie beautified gues
At Peter Som’s spring 2012 show at Milk Studios, haircolor played a starring role in the hairstyles created by Eugene Souleiman, Wella Professionals Global Creative Director of Care & Styling, and Aura Friedman, Wella Professionals Color Ambassa
The Hyden Yoo spring 2012 collection was inspired by the Oscar nominated film L’amant, reviving a 1920s look and playing off the plot’s romance between an expat and a South Asian native during neocolonialism. Guests strolled through the tent and
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...