Lead stylist for Phyto Orlando Pita found his hair inspiration for Derek Lam’s spring show, held at the Stage at Lincoln Center, from Richard Neutra, an architect famous for his geometric structures. Pita achieved the low ponytail in only a few steps, but with added sophistication. “I don’t like to do hair people can do themselves,” said [...]
For Victoria Beckham’s spring show at the New York Public Library’s Astor Hall, Redken Creative Consultant Guido designed a hairstyle to identify an independent, sophisticated woman, or as he put it, Catherine Deneuve with added masculinity. “The
For the Jen Kao spring 2012 show, the beauty inspiration was all about giving grunge a more polished look. Inspired by Tank Girl, lead hairstylist Peter Gray for Cutler designed a look that was tough but feminine and centered around individuality. Gr
Carolina Herrera’s spring 2012 collection, shown at the tents at Lincoln Center, featured many bold colors and prints, so lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita kept the hair simple. “Carolina wanted the girls to look groomed and done but stil
This morning I headed over to the tents at Lincoln Center bright and early for a look at the hair Leonard Manetti, lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel, was creating for Jenny Packham’s show. To complement the collection’s many shimmering, colo
At the spring 2012 Timo Weiland show the vibe was “New Yorkers gone surfing circa 1960′s and 1970′s.” Stylist and “Queen of Curl,” Ouidad, opted for very laid-back hair styles as if the models had just stepped off of the beach. The look
Pamela Love’s spring 2012 jewelry collection, which featured Moroccan-inspired pieces with graphic shapes and patterns, was shown at Milk Studios. Each model wore a headscarf and hat, so lead stylist for Sebastian Professional Anthony Cole created a
Christian Siriano’s spring 2012 collection, shown at Eyebeam, featured lots of flowing pieces in bright tones of coral and underwater hues, which inspired Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders to give models’ hair a flirty, textured and
Paul Hanlon, lead stylist for TIGI, created a messy, wet-looking knotted ponytail for the models at Helmut Lang’s show, held at Pier 57. “It’s like a girl who’s been to a rock concert, pulled her hair into a knot and headed home,” he said. The sporty
An urban oasis was created under The High Line in NYC, where the 2012 Band of Outsiders spring collection hit the runway. Didier Malige, lead hair stylist for Aveda, created two looks that were called the boy-girl look and the girl-girl look. The
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...