The inspiration for the hair at the Nanette Lepore spring 2012 show came from an unlikely source: a model who walked into the fitting with dirty locks. “It was greasy in the front and dry in the back and I thought it was perfect,” said Rolando Beauchamp for Bumble and bumble. He applied Thickening Spray [...]
Inspired by the spirituality that practicing yoga has brought to her own life, designer Vivienne Tam unveiled her dream yoga collection at spring fashion week. Expert yoginis sported the collection while demonstrating a series of movements. Styli
The simple, modern ponytails fastened with barrettes seen at Ports 1961 were the work of Guido, creative consultant at Redken. I caught up with him backstage at the NY Public Library, an aptly elegant setting for the show. “Ports has become very cl
At the BCBG Max Azria spring show this year at The Theater at Lincoln Center, Neil Moodie for Bumble and bumble created a sporty, 1920s ‘do, reflecting the modern athletic style of the clothing. Azria’s collection included a few track suit piec
Diego Binetti and CND both celebrated milestones and continued their relationship at the label’s spring 2012 show at Hotel Gansevoort’s Provocateur Nightclub in a masquerade bash that flooded the runway with flowy, bright colored and jewel accented d
At Badgley Mischka’s spring collection, shown at the tents at Lincoln Center, a number of intriguing references inspired lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray to create the dramatic updos for the show, including Italian sculptor Umberto Boccion
The signature elegance of Reem Acra was preserved at its spring 2012 show at the brand’s 5th Avenue showroom, with rich, luxe fabrics, like skin-soft leather that bore bold colors and animal prints. Lead hairstylist Rutger for Cutler Salon/Redken
It’s always a party backstage at Betsey Johnson, and this season proved no different. Press, models and artists enjoyed the festive atmosphere, complete with champagne, mini cupcakes, balloons, pink clip-on extensions scented with Johnson’s new Too T
At the Chris Benz show, the collection was part 1960′s lady and part trashy glam. Bold colors and chic prints were front and center, but backstage Nick Irwin and DJ Riggs, lead stylists for TIGI, ruled, drawing inspiration for hairstyles from the And
This year’s Preen spring show at the IAC building was all about Victorian-era inspiration combined with a modern edge, from ruffled collars on patchwork patterned clothing to precise and elegant hair. Soft pastels and Japanese floral prints swept
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...