At Bridal Fashion Week 2012, American Salon sought out all the blossoming hair trends for the fast-approaching wedding season. Twists were used to add detail to chignons at Badgley Mischka and Anne Bowen, and the hair at Isaac Mizrahi’s show for Kleinfeld also utilized a low coil of hair resting at the nape of the [...]
The hair was sleek and sassy for the Marc by Marc Jacobs show, hair done by Redken Creative Consultant Guido for Redken. With a deep side part the hair was slicked neatly back into a low pony that Guido said was designed to be simple and elegant.
The theme behind the Ports 1961 show held in the New York Public Library this morning was modern sensuality. The clothes matched the understated elegance of the venue, playing on interesting textures and color blocking. Hair, makeup and nails were ea
The Timo Weiland collection was an ode to the edgy couples of St. Marks Place in the 1980’s and 1990’s. The look was very downtown with a cool confidence. Working on both men and women, the charming Joseph DiMaggio, lead hairstylist for L’Ore
Lead hairstylist Amit Abraham for L’Oreal Professionnel was greatly inspired by the geometry and texture of the fabrics used in Elene Cassis’ spring 2012 collection. “You don’t usually see a lot of texture in spring and summer clothes, so I wanted to
While the hair at J. Mendel is usually safe and pretty each season, Paul Hanlon for TIGI decided to mix things up for spring and give it a more rock ‘n’ roll feel. “It’s a little dangerous and very effortlessly cool,” Hanlon said of the grungy style.
The DKNY Resort 2012 show drew an exclusive crowd of American Express cardholders at The Theatre at Lincoln Center, where Donna Karan displayed her beautiful dresses, like bandana-prints in black, red and metallic-hues. To complement the elegance of
Sophie Theallet’s spring 2012 collection drew inspiration from the 1969 French movie La Piscine (The Swimming Pool), which was flooded with sexual tension. Playing off this theme, lead stylist for Aveda Didier Malige designed a hair style that looked
Designer Stacey Bendet chose a Secret Garden theme for her spring 2012 fashion week presentation, referencing the patterns and colors of Palm Beach in the 1960s and adding in a touch of ’40s sophistication. To complement her designs, lead stylist T
The beauty look at Marc by Marc Jacobs was clean and simple to complement the bold colors of the spring collection. When Creative consultant for Redken Guido met with Jacobs to discuss the hair, the designer pointed to the various ponytails the hairs
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...