Casual, disheveled locks from Lead Hair for Redken Jenny Balding complement the tropical, travel-friendly Spring 2011 looks at Gilded Age. The just-returned from vacation styling provided much needed warmth on the chilly Terrace of the Bowery Hotel in New York City Thursday afternoon. Balding used the multi-tasking Redken For Men Outplay texture putty to create [...]
Jason Wu’s spring ’11 collection, shown in a fashionable SoHo loft, was inspired by the work of Brazilian artist Beatriz Milhazes, whose artwork features bright and colorful abstract patterns. To complement the feminine clothing, Odile Gilbert, lead
At the Tim Hamilton menswear presentation, the hair was more elegant and retro than rockstar cool, according to lead stylist Ramona Eschbach for Oribe. “The look was really tight sides and back, with some length on top,” she said. “For added interest
At the Costello Tagliapietra show, lead artist Nelson Velcher and the rest of his team from the Rita Hazan Salon in NYC, created a formal chignon with a modern twist. “This style is a throwback to ‘the lady’,” Velcher said. “A time when women used to
For Duckie Brown’s eclectic men’s collection, shown at the tents at Lincoln Center, lead stylist for American Crew Paul Wilson created three distinct looks for the male models, depending on the guys’ hair length. “The looks range from sharp and groom
While Chris Isaak’s “Wicked Game” played in the background, models strutted their stuff on the Jen Kao runway, which was made completely of sand and included a braided pattern. This same braided pattern was also found in various other aspects of the
For the Carlos Campos show, Cesar Ramirez, lead stylist for Catwalk by TIGI, created a look inspired by free-spirited men with a well-traveled, effortless style. The look, which was supposed to look “free, but not completely messy,” was achieved by u
For the Rag & Bone show, held in NYC’s Meatpacking District, the look was both sexy and a little rugged, inspired by a traveler who has just finished a long journey. “It looks kinda wrong, but also kinda right,” said Guido, lead stylist for Redke
Texture was key from head to toe at Vena Cava’s show at Milk Studios today. Lead Hair Ted Gibson created ‘70s inspired buns for 29 models to highlight the soft, feminine silhouettes at the Vena Cava show at Milk Studios. Key to the look is the fu
More undone, yet glamorous waves appeared at Minnie Mortimer’s presentation party at the Meatpacking District hotspot 1Oak Wednesday night. Lead stylist Sean James for René Furterer created two looks described as “pin up meets beach” to comple
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...