To say there was a buzz backstage at Marc Jacobs before his show at the Armory last night would be a huge understatement. One of the hottest tickets during fashion week, Marc Jacobs is always madness backstage, with hair, makeup and nail teams racing to perfect the models’ looks in time for the show. Still, [...]
The Spring 2011 Suno show in Milk Studios Saturday included layered pieces and mixed patterns that translated into multidimensional hair and makeup looks. Lead Hair for Aveda Odile Gilbert described the voluminous updo as “naïve but sophisticated.
At the Jonathan Simkhai presentation, shown at The Griffin in the Meatpacking District, lead hairstylist for TIGI Cesar Ramirez was creating two different looks: roughed up side ponies and buns, some of which were tied up with dishrags. To get th
At the Alexander Wang show, held at Pier 94, Guido, creative consultant for Redken, used white clay paint to create an 80′s surf- and skate-punk-inspired style. The hair, which had a dreadlock feel to it, was first painted white with clay, then blow
At the Prabal Gurung show, which was held at The Studio at Lincoln Center, Odile Gilbert for Moroccanoil created an elegant look inspired by the classic American ponytail. Gilbert created the look, which was part-ponytail and part-chignon, by first a
At Diesel’s Black Gold show, held at Pier 92, Guido, creative consultant for Redken, created three looks: The boys and some of the girls got James Dean-inspired quiffs (an updo for girls), while the rest of the girls got teased low side ponytails tie
At Cynthia Rowley, lead stylist Bok-Hee for Antonio Prieto Salon created a structured classic updo that was given a street-vibe with the addition of a single metallic Wella Professionals colored hair extension that was woven into the hair. The hair e
At Carolina Herrera’s Lincoln Center show, which featured a Korean-inspired collection, Orlando Pita for Moroccanoil created two different looks that incorporated handmade barrettes covered with hair that coordinated with the models’ own hair color.
The inspiration behind the Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti show was a 1940s Hawaiian beauty pageant, with clothes and shoes featuring bright colors and fun, Asian-inspired prints. To complement the fashion, lead hairstylist Paul Hanlon for TIGI crea
At the Juan Carlos Obando show, lead stylist Didier Malige for Number 4 High Performance Hair Care created a messy knot that looked effortless but chic. “It’s a style that’s attainable for every woman,” Malige said. To create the look, Malige and the
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...