Guido, creative consultant for Redken, described the urban, punky updos he created for the Reed Krakoff show as a “pumped up version of what girls do to their hair.” To create the look, Guido prepped the hair with Redken Guts 10 to add texture, pulled it into a ponytail and pinned it into a messy [...]
The 3.1 Phillip Lim spring 2011 collection was inspired by the female dandy. For the hair, “Philip wanted something very easy, a style models could do themselves,” said Odile Gilbert, lead stylist for Phyto, who created a messy chignon with a twisted
When coming up with the hair design for the Badgley Mischka show, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray took inspiration from the movie White Mischief, which chronicles the sex- and drug-filled lifestyles of wealthy, self-righteous Brits living lar
At the Sophie Theallet show, the hair and makeup were inspired by the collection’s sultry Mexican vibe and the strong women the clothes were designed for. Lead stylist for Aveda Antoinette Beenders created a braided chignon that was elegant, moder
French inspiration reigned supreme backstage at the Rachel Roy presentation in the Lincoln Center Library. Lead Hair for Redken Bok-Hee created a simply sophisticated, European-inspired twist to complement the rich pieces in bright blue, magenta and
It’s hard not to have fun at the Betsey Johnson show. Between the colorful balloons, inspirational posters and artwork and bowls of candy, everyone backstage joins in on Betsey’s party (and if they don’t, they will once she tosses a handful of ro
Vogue and CFDA’s much-anticipated Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) returned for a second year with more stores, parties, celebrities and freebies for eager shoppers in New York City and around the world. Beauty companies including
The spring 2011 Marc by Marc Jacobs collection featured vivid colors and patterns, and the beauty looks were just as bold. Guido Palau for Redken gave the models fun, frizzy curls with half-ponytails swept over to the side. “People think of wild curl
French ’60s pop singer France Gall provided the inspiration for the beauty looks at the Chris Benz show. Lead stylist for Redken John Ruidant interpreted that as a girl riding through Paris on the back of a motorcycle. He gave the hair a deep ’60s si
The decade on everyone’s lips, and locks, is the ‘70s backstage and Lead Stylist Odile Gilbert for Aveda created lightly tousled hair with a natural innocence for Rodarte’s Spring 2011 show. “The look is inspired by teenagers in the 1970’
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...