Amsale’s bridal collection has always reflected a classic and polished bride. To complement the dresses yet create a more updated overall look, Tearsheet Artistic Director and Redken session stylist Giovanni Giuntoli decided to give the runway hairstyles a modern edge. “I was going for a next generation feeling,” Giuntoli said, “I wanted to keep the style [...]
In this new educational video, Cara Crafton from the Number Four High Performance Hair Care Pro Team shows you how to recreate the messy knot from the Juan Carlos Obando spring 2011 runway show:
T3 and Orlando Pita just released a video with a step-by-step guide to recreating the look from Derek Lam’s spring/summer 2011 fashion show in New York City. Check it out:
Blanc de Chine chose to show their Spring 2011 collection in October rather than during the busy Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week that takes place in September. The men’s and women’s show, which was held last night at the store’s glamorous 5th Avenue locat
During Fashion Week, I stopped by the RV/FW10 Fashion Week Retreat, hosted by stylist Robert Verdi at his Manhattan Luxe Laboratory. After getting pampered with a blowout from Michele Capua, a hairstylist at NYC’s Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa, a mani
Backstage at the Elene Cassis show, lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel Amit Abraham told me he was calling the hair look—an airy diagonal French twist—an “‘American Twist,’ because everything is bigger here.” To get the look, Abraham crimped
Lead hairstylist Ron King created both the hair and makeup looks at Joanna Mastroianni’s presentation with help from his team from Ron King Salon in Austin, Texas. “I wanted to do something fun and flirty, a modern take on the 1960s,” he told me. For
Guido, creative consultant for Redken, created an Old Hollywood-inspired natural look that required the use of no products to prep the hair. The only product used was Redken Gloss 01 smoothing serum to get rid of frizz and tame flyaways. Models were
Zang Toi brought a Lone Star State of mind to Lincoln Center last night with his Spring 2011 collection of fringed pants, embellished evening gowns and hair that proves everything is bigger in Texas. Lead Hair for Moroccanoil Eiji Yamane, of Eiji Sal
At Odd Molly’s whimsical show at Lincoln Center, lead hairstylist for Phyto Brent Lowler infused side-swept braids with a flash of color by weaving one of 10 different shades of extensions into the hair, from watermelon pink to lilac to dusty blue. L
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- CALL TO ACTION: Midwest Beauty Professionals Affected by Devastating Tornadoes Need Your Help! May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...