Fantasy Street Style was the name of the game at the Alice + Olivia presentation at the Highline Stages Monday. Moroccanoil Artistic Director Antonio Corral Calero entwined messy French braids for a sophisticated and playful updo, using braided extensions where needed. “It’s a mix of rock ‘n’ roll but sexy and feminine,” Calero said. First, [...]
At Custo Barcelona’s Fall/Winter 2013 show, beauty and the beast was the theme, presented in a mix of tribal and ornamental pieces, including men in patchwork and printed high-necked tunics and women in fitted clothing with pronounced shoulders and a
Victoria Beckham introduced long overcoats with rich indigo accents, structured frocks with longer hems and even a pop of lemon yellow for her Fall 2013 collection presented at the New York Public Library Sunday morning. These sophisticated, structur
Models clad in Nicholas K’s Fall 2013 collection of layered neutrals and textured fabrics were transformed into warrior princesses ready for an arctic trek. The overall beauty look was tough and rugged with a tribal air. TIGI global creative dir
For Creatures of the Wind’s Fall/Winter 2013 show for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, it was all about natural waves, a strong, but quiet existence and super funky nails—all to coicide with a collection that was inspired by the Memphis Design Movement
At Carolina Herrera’s show at the tents at Lincoln Center this morning, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita of Orlo Salon created a 1940s-style rolled updo that perfectly complemented the romantic collection. “I updated it for today by making i
The buzzword at Derek Lam’s Fall/Winter 2013 show was “bohemian minimalism,” and clothes featured structure with silhouettes and texture for an overall casual but luxurious quality. Stationed in the back rooms of the Sean Kelly Gallery, Orlando
At The Standard Hotel in New York City Friday, TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin created druid-like hair for Katie Gallagher’s Narnia-inspired collection that was predominantly black and combined form-fitting and draped pieces. The hairstyl
The oversized knitted hats designed by Scott Sternberg provided a cohesive element in his Band of Outsiders womenswear Fall 2013 collection, bringing together a mix of polka dot and plaid prints, knitted sweaters and ankle-skimming dresses. These nav
Carly Cushnie and Michelle Ochs’ designs for their Cushnie et Ochs Fall 2013 collection of dark, flowing dresses and separates with geometric cutouts drew inspiration from the Salem Witch Trials and radical colonial women. Moroccanoil Artistic Dire
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...