At Peter Som’s fall 2012 show at Milk Studios, sleek minimalism permeated the hairstyles created by Eugene Souleiman, Wella Professionals Global Creative Director of Care & Styling. Atypical of the color that generally rules his shows, Souleiman passed on the opportunity to play, instead presenting something fresh, which for him meant flat color, clean front [...]
Nahm’s fall 2012 collection drew inspiration from the divine fashion elegance of legendary icon, Diana Vreeland. Inspired by 1920s sophistication and simplicity, Jon Reyman, lead stylist for Aveda, created a look of bold simplicity for the pres
Backstage at the Kimberly Ovitz show, Eric Gomez, lead hairstylist for TIGI styled every girl with a look that was as individual as the clothing that they wore. The show was inspired by intelligent, independent women who embodied a warrior like sense
Although Fall 2012 fashion week NYC is here, the look at the Titania Inglis show was all about 1980’s medieval grunge. The styles included an array of plaids, leather and the eighties staple, Doc Martens. Lead hairstylist for Oribe, Ramona Eschbach
Newcomer Houghton showed a glamorous fall collection of white, champagne and cream pieces at Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center. Backstage, lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel Laura Polko created three different hairstyles to complement the clot
Backstage at Richard Chai’s show in the tents at Lincoln Center, I caught up with lead hairstylists for Aveda Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan, who were creating long hairstyles for the models that started off looking polished, but then were roughed up
OPI has kicked off Fashion Week 2012 with a vibrant punch of bright orange lacquer. Models’ short, squoval (square and oval combo) beds were polished with the statement hue, A Good Man-darin Is Hard to Find, at the Lauren Moffatt presentation at Th
Kicking off our fashion week coverage: Susan Ciancolo showed her fall 2012 collection last night in the garment district. The designer took inspiration from her original show during the 1980s called Movement, with clothing inspired by photographer Ri
Mercedes-Benz Fall 2012 Fashion Week, revealing the fall 2012 collections and trends in hair, makeup and nails starts tomorrow February 9 and runs through February 16. To ensure you will be in the complete know of what’s happening on the runways Am
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...