The inspiration behind Diane Von Furstenberg’s fall 2012 collection was surrealism. She wanted to capture a sense of juxtaposition described by lead hairstylist of the show, Orlando Pita, as “the difference between a meeting and a rendezvous.” He said to him that meant there was a certain mystery to what might happen. To translate that [...]
Contrast was the star of Patrick Ervell’s fall 2012 collection that stayed true to the designer’s infamous edgy, androgynous aesthetic. The women walked the runway in looks that combined matte and shiny, hard and soft, utilitarian and romantic.
French designer Catherine Malandrino veered away from Parisian influences in her fall 2012 collection. Inspired by the 1982 American remake of the erotic horror film Cat People, she created looks of bold femininity that reflected sophistication with
It was all about the bat for designer Christian Siriano as his inspiration for his fall 2012 collection was based on the bat and the black-and-white 1933 film The Vampire Bat starring 1930s’ actress Fay Wray. Aveda Global Creative Director Antoine
Completely breathtaking, girly and electrifying, the hair, makeup and nails for the Fall 2012 collection of Erin by Erin Fetherston was a dramatic and inspiring accent to Fetherston’s collection. The look was nature meets organic with an electric
Entering the Mara Hoffman backstage makeup and hair room was exhilarating and the accompanying hair for the Mara Hoffman Fall 2012 Fashion Collection created by TIGI Creative Director Nick Irwin added some serious pow to the room. The look, said
Tibi’s Fall 2012 collection was designed to convey the understated confidence associated with the women of the Beatles era. Using refined structure, the runway was clad with over sized coats, pencil skirts, bold textures and vivid prints. To comp
Gorgeous bright orange tangerine lids and a super chic little sloppy bun all created by Hair Stylist and Makeup Artist Brian C. Hawkins were the absolute best way to celebrate the beautiful fall 2012 collection from Ivana Helsinki. To create the s
As the new senior editor here at American Salon, today I got the chance to attend my first ever fashion show and I was beyond excited! I went behind-the-scenes of Rag & Bone with hair done by Redken Creative Consultant Guido and makeup by Revlon
Today I attended my very first men’s fashion show and my favorite to date (yes it does have something to do with the male models) where the Rag & Bone Men’s collection took center stage at Pier 57 NYC. Anthony Turner, lead stylist for TIGI
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...