The character Sophie Theallet created in her fall 2012 show at Milk Studios once lived a life of opulence as a wealthy aristocrat, but now finds herself disconnected from that fortune and refinement. “She still lives a decadent lifestyle, she’s social, she parties, she loves life, but there is something messed up about her. She’s [...]
Backstage for the Carolina Herrera preshow hair and makeup, the energy was buzzing as creating any look for Ms. Herrera is done with great care and respect. The highlight during the beautiful creations was when Ms. Herrera gently popped in the ro
Guido Palau, lead stylist for Redken, was masterful backstage at the fall 2012 Diesel show. He created a look that was part ingénue, part 1960’s and part tomboy. He started out by using Redken Full Frame Mousse throughout the hair for volume
Film noir and total glamour came to life Monday morning at Lincoln Center as Jenny Packham’s designs hit the runway with hair gorgeously styled to fit the collection by Leonardo Manetti for L’Oréal Professionnel, makeup by Talia Shobrook for Lau
The Marc Jacobs fall 2012 runway show created a mood that combined Victorian fairytale with cartoonish fun. The mad hatter fashion extravaganza mixed charm, innocence and enchantment as François Nars, founder of NARS Cosmetics said, “only Marc can
The collection at the Alice + Olivia show had me longing for an invitation to an exclusive dinner party. Alice + Olivia designer Stacey Bendet mixed bright colors, metallic, leathers and lush embroidery for a romantic yet edgy look. She collaborated
The inspiration behind Badgley Mischka’s fall 2012 collection was the science-fiction impressionism seen in the German film Metropolis. Reflected in the strong structures, high collars, defined angles and overall mood of the collection, one might e
This season Chriz Benz delivered his signature color-and-texture extravaganza. Full skirts pumped up with ample pleats and layers of tulle, cropped jackets either in fur or fuzzy wool and the ever-present bold prints made a definitive statement, but
Designers Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi created a vintage revival of sorts with the Preen fall 2012 collection, which they said, “harkens back to the 60’s couture silhouette and color blocking.” Inspired to create a carefree woman who captu
At the fall 2012 Alexander Wang show the collection was all about texture, with leather and tweed taking the spotlight. Not to take away from the drama of the look, Guido Palau, lead hairstylist for Redken, chose to create hairstyles that were si
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...