Recently I attended Strut: The Fashionable Mom Show, a premiere event held on the last day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in honor of gorgeous fashionable moms everywhere, and showcasing designer clothes realistic for today’s fashionable moms. Organized by chic mom duo Denise Albert and Melissa Gerstein of The Moms in conjunction with Mom-entum, a division [...]
Designer Reed Krakoff always delivers that Americana sportswear look and Redken Creative Consultant Guido was sure to emulate the look of true beauty and expensive richness with his texturized, long and simple hair, perfect for Krakoff’s fall 2012
The color pink should simply be renamed Betsey Johnson. A total fashion icon and tiny ball of exuberant energy Betsey Johnson showed her Fall 2012 Collection—with plenty of pink—this week to a packed theater at Lincoln Center. The theme of
Pumped electric nature was found throughout the hair, makeup, and clothes of design house Haus Alkire for its Fall 2012 collection. With cool lines and graphically awesome prints the designs of Julia Haus and Jason Alkire were well complemented with
The fall 2012 Vivienne Tam collection told the story of an adventurous girl on a “Mongolian journey.” The designer collaborated with TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin to create an “east meets west” hairstyle that would be the perfect fit f
Backstage at the Carmen Marc Valvo show, both Carmen and the lead hairstylist for the show, Ted Gibson, were all smiles. As I admired the beautiful gowns that were about hit the runway I talked with Ted Gibson about how he would compliment the col
What happens before clothes hit the runway? Once Stacey Bendet had perfected this season’s romantically edgy Alice +Olivia collection, she still had a lot of work to do in preparation of its display at New York Fashion Week. After choosing which
The hair was sleek and sassy for the Marc by Marc Jacobs show, hair done by Redken Creative Consultant Guido for Redken. With a deep side part the hair was slicked neatly back into a low pony that Guido said was designed to be simple and elegant.
With a totally Asian-inspired, modern Fall 2012 collection Designer Bibhu Mohapatra looked to L’Oréal Professionnel Master Session Artist Amit Abraham to create a beautiful, sleek look fitting of the modern, sharp collection that featured lots of bo
In the midst of the chaos of fashion week I was lucky enough to attend a very fun event at the City Winery in Tribeca, NY. The event, aptly named Texture on the Runway was a celebration of curly and wavy hair. Matrix served as one of the sponsors w
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...