For the Lake & Stars show, the designers wanted to portray a woman who was sexy–but for herself, not her boyfriend. “They wanted a hairstyle that was sexy cool, not sexy boudoir,” said Maria Kovacs, who, with Mario Iafrate, led the TIGI Creative Team. The highlight of the look was a sweeping fringe at the [...]
Jason Wu’s fall 2011 collection was inspired by Versailles and a Baroque style. To complement the palette of muted blacks, whites and nudes with antique gold accents, lead stylist Odile Gilbert for Aveda wanted to create a hairstyle that was “simple
The fall 2011 Tim Hamilton show, held at the trendy Standard Hotel, featured clothes that mixed materials like soft wool with shiny plastic. Lead hairstylist Ramona Eschbach for Oribe Hair Care recreated those contrasting textures in the hair look.
Christian Siriano, who is known for his extravagant yet sophisticated dresses, was inspired by black orchids for his fall 2011 collection. While the hair and makeup at his shows are usually equally as intricate, he went for a much simpler look this
At the Richard Chai show, which was held at The Stage at Lincoln Center, Kevin Ryan for TIGI created an effortless, chic look. “This is the girl that doesn’t have to try to look cool,” Ryan says. “She is the kind of girl that can sleep a certain way
Mercedes-Benz Fall/Winter 2011 Fashion Week starts February 9 in New York City! Check the blog daily for updates on the latest trends straight from the runways.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...