At the Derek Lam show, Orlando Pita for T3 created a super-straight “schoolgirl hairstyle” that looked like a classic half-ponytail minus the elastic or barrette holding it in place. Pita blow-dried the hair with the T3 Evolution dryer, then flat-ironed it with the Fahrenheit 450 iron. He kept the style in place with plenty of [...]
Victoria Beckham’s fall 2011 presentation was held at an opulent brownstone on Manhattan’s Upper East Side — the same space featured in the first Sex and the City movie as Carrie and Big’s dream apartment. In contrast to the rich setting an
To complement the elegant styles at the Imitation by Tara Subkoff show, which was held at Milk Studios, Ouidad created a femme fatale, socialite look that was inspired by the glamorous and iconic hairstyles of Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell. Styl
At the Preen show, which was held at Milk Studios, Luke Hersheson for Redken created a ’50s-inspired boyish barbershop look on the female models. Hersheson created the look by combing hair straight back and tying the hair into a ponytail with the
Erin Fetherston’s signature style came through backstage at Milk Studios where Odile for TIGI invented a romantic chignon to go with the clothing line. “A very girly look is what Erin wanted, so we’re working with a lot of braids and baby hair,
At the Alexander Wang show held at Pier 94, Redken’s Guido sought a “natural bed-heady look” to go with the fall 2011 collection. “I wanted an easy, cool east village style,” Guido said. First, he prepped the hair with Thickening Lotion 06
The Adam fall 2011 collection mixed Native American and country influences. For the hair, lead stylist Diego De Silvo for Redken created a look that was “sophisticated but with some edge.” He explains, “It’s really two looks: from the front, it’s sle
Backstage at the Cynthia Rowley show, Redken’s Rita Marmor was collaborating closely with the designer to create a soft, airy updo. “I imagined a girl who is delicate, but still wants to have fun; elegant, but never uptight,” Marmor said. To st
Rebecca Minkoff is one of my favorite designers, so I was especially excited to learn that one of my favorite hairstylists, curly hair guru Ouidad, was doing the hair for her show. The theme for the collection was “urban gypsy,” and Ouidad complement
For Peter Som’s fall 2011 collection, Eugene Souleiman for Wella Professionals created a undone updo inspired by a quirky 1960s housewife. “The starting point was a Tippi Hedren from Hitchcock’s The Birds,” Souleiman said. “But it’s like the bird
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...