To complement Vera Wang’s new collection, which features a mix of structured and flowy designs, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita created a hair look that was both architectural and fluid at the same time. “The contrast of different textures is also important in this look,” said Pita, who used only Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to [...]
At the Rachel Roy show, lead stylist for L’Oreal Professionnel Ted Gibson created a bohemian crown of braids that featured fabric from the collection woven in. Gibson, fresh off a trip to the Grammys, where he styled Janelle Monae for her much-lauded
Going backstage at Betsey Johnson is always one of the main highlights of each Fashion Week season, thanks to fun themes, a party-like atmosphere and one of my favorite session stylists, Peter Gray. The fall 2011 show definitely didn’t disappoint. Af
According to Guido, creative consultant for Redken, Marc Jacobs’ spring 2011 features a sort of “twisted sophistication.” To complement that, Guido created a high horse-like ponytail that he described as “almost dominatrix-inspired” and “so perfe
The inspiration for Chris Benz’s fall 2011 show was ghosts of Savannah, so haunting hair and makeup ruled the runway. John Ruidant for Redken created wispy, “witchy” waves using a curling iron and some back-combing. “The main thing is getting textur
At the Sophie Theallet show, which was held at Milk Studios, Antoinette Beenders for Aveda created a simple ‘do topped off with a beret. She created the look by straightening the hair until it was as straight as it can be and applying Air Contr
At the Marc by Marc Jacobs show, which was held at the Armory, Guido for Redken created a ”very simple, yet rich look.” He created the look by applying Velvet Gelatine 07 Cushioning Blow-Dry Gel and then blow-drying the hair section by section
Young and fresh, the primary look for Alice + Olivia by Stacey Bendet was a casually twisted bun with a soft center parting. Thomas Dunkin for Sebastian Professional created a “p
Downtown at the Rag + Bone show in SoHo, amid the cacophony of hairdryers and a team of twenty stylists, Guido was creating hair that was simple, youthful and playful which helped to offset the texture of Rag & Bone’s 2011 Winter collection w
Elegance walked through the halls of NASDAQ tonight with Carmen Marc Valvo’s fall 2011 collection. A chic half-up style by Devin Toth for Ted Gibson perfectly complemented the soft and beautiful look. “You want to ‘look’ like you have no
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...