We just got this great video showcasing some of the shows Redken ambassador and Cutler Salons owner Rodney Cutler did for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2011 in New York City in February. Check it out! Rodney Cutler: Fashion Week 2011 from Ride5 on Vimeo.
Excitement was definitely in the air last night as the backstage team prepared for the final show of Fashion Week: L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani. The collection revolved around six “Gangs of Gwen,” and Danilo, lead stylist for L’Oreal Professionnel, creat
The beauty looks at Elie Tahari were all about keeping things pure and simple. For the hair, Esther Langham for Moroccanoil created a clean low ponytail at the nape of the neck. She started by dampening the models’ hair and applying a mixture of Mor
For Venexiana’s fall/winter 2011 collection, Philip Pelusi, founder of Tela Beauty Organics, created a stunning Venetian topknot. “It’s like a French twist but with a difference,” explained Pelusi. “So many of the clothes in this collection
The Badgley Mischka fall 2011 collection was inspired by the films of the 1940s and ’50s, such as All About Eve, Dark Victory and The Women, and the parties that went along with them. “It’s less about the red carpet and more about the Vanity Fair aft
At the Ports 1961 show, Guido for Redken created a look that was “romantic and dark at the same time.” He applyed Redken Aerate 08 to the hair to dampen it, then let the hair air dry. After making a low side part and tying hair in a ponytail wit
To complement the ethereal mood of the Nanette Lepore Fall 2011 collection, lead hairstylist James Pecis for Moroccanoil, created soft, flowing braids. “Braids can be either hard or soft looking,” Pecis says. “We went for the angelic, soft look.” Eac
At the Reed Krakoff show, Guido for Redken gave the models a “simple, modern look” to go with the designer’s minimal take on beauty. He began the process by prepping wet hair with Spray Starch 15 Versatile Ironing Spray for texture and created a
The Diesel Black Gold fall 2011 collection mixed a military vibe with a certain softness. To complement the clothing, Creative Consultant for Redken Guido and makeup artist Pat McGrath for Cover Girl designed beauty looks that were cool and sexy and
Hair for Narciso Rodriguez’s fall 2011 collection was causing a stir backstage with a much tougher, more rugged look than what we usually see from the designer. According to Eugene Souleiman, global creative director for Wella Professionals, the lo
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...