On Monday, I attended a celebration of Patrick Wellingtonâ€™s 25 years in the haircare industry at his eponymous salon, Wellington Hair Spa, in Manhattanâ€™s Chelsea neighborhood. The event was hosted by haircare brand Mizani and Stacie J., the former Apprentice contestant and creator of Golden by Stacie J fragrance. Nearly 100 guests, including members of [...]
Last week, American Salon Senior Editor Lori Morris and I checked out Rare Salonâ€™s new Redken Color Lab at a launch party attended by press members and VIP clients. Ruth Roche, the founder of the salon, which is located in the Tribeca
Last week, American Salon Senior Editor Lori Morris and I checked out Rare Salon’s new Redken Color Lab at a launch party attended by press members and VIP clients. Ruth Roche, the founder of the salon, which is located in the Tribeca neighborh
If you are a past North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) winner, the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) would like to honor you at this year’s NAHA celebration, NAHA 20, themed “Honoring the Work. Stories. Style!” and commemarating 20 succes
My Fashion Week schedule then led me to the New York Design Center for the Tuleh show. The Barex style team, led by the renowned Yannick D’Is, created their own take on the chic hairst
Last week I hit Manhattanâ€™s Meatpacking District to check out An All New, Sexy You, a unique beauty event sponsored by makeup experts Three Custom Color Specialists, Juara skincare and Red Market Salon, where the event was held. The challengin
Last week I headed to the The Studio NYC, P&G Professional’s education facility located inside Manhattan’s Rockefeller Plaza, to experience firsthand Wella’s new Color Applicator. Designed for use with the companyâ€™s Color Charm line of liq
Yesterday, I directed you to a behind-the-scenes glimpse at what it takes to create an editorial spread in American Salon magazine. Today, I’m going to give you an inside look at the photo shoot for Nioxin’s newest national advertising campaign. Th
This Thursday, October 2, salons and spas across the country are taking part in Girls Night Out to Cut Out Domestic Abuse (GNO), a kick-off to Octoberâ€™s Domestic Violence Awareness Month. These 100-percent volunteer led, zero-budget fundraiser
I headed up to Boston on Monday evening for An Interpretation of Cubism Art, sponsored by Logics and held at the Institute of Contemporary Art. Guests were treated to beverages and a lavish appetizer spread, followed by a presentation of trendsetting
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...