I attended The Makeup Show NYC yesterday at the Metropolitan Pavilion, where hundreds of makeup artists checked out makeup companies’ booths, shopped, and attended seminars and workshops led by industry heavy-hitters. Popular booths included Make Up For Ever, where Creator and Artistic Director Dany Sanz transformed a male model into a glamorous diva; Obsessive Compulsive [...]
Some of the biggest names in the beauty industry invite you to the City of Hope Spirit of Life Masquerade Gala on July 20 at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. This year’s event will be honoring Cheryl and Jim Markham and the Create Bea
The booths and classrooms at this year’s IBS New York show at the Javits Center were packed. Here are a few images from the show.
My reality TV obsession reached its peak yesterday and Sunday when I got to meet the five finalists from Shear Genius 2 at IBS New York! I hung out with Dee, Charlie, Daniel, Nicole and Glenn for a bit backstage and got to see that they’re exactl
At IBS New York yesterday, nail specialist Jacqui Pierce, provided nail technicians with tips on offering five-star nail treatments to impress clients and leave them anxious to return. In her class, Innovative Manicures, she said that there is more t
We can’t wait for this year’s International Beauty Show (IBS) in New York City, which starts tomorrow morning. We’ll be attending classes, checking out the mainstage performances and scouring the the show floor for the best new products–and then blo
International Beauty Show (IBS) New York, presented by American Salon, starts THIS Sunday, April 26! Register now for access to amazing artists and educatorsâ€”including Kim Vo, Christo, Orlando Pita, Nick Arrojo, Sh
On Monday, I attended a celebration of Patrick Wellingtonâ€™s 25 years in the haircare industry at his eponymous salon, Wellington Hair Spa, in Manhattanâ€™s Chelsea neighborhood. The event was hosted by haircare brand Mizani and Stacie
Last week, American Salon Senior Editor Lori Morris and I checked out Rare Salonâ€™s new Redken Color Lab at a launch party attended by press members and VIP clients. Ruth Roche, the founder of the salon, which is located in the Tribeca
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...