Bibhu Mohapatra’s fall 2013 collection recalled 1930s-era style, especially legendary photographer Man Ray’s photos of his Parisian muses Kiki du Montparnasse and Lee Miller. Incorporating these ’30s-era elements in the hair, Amit Abraham for L’Oréal Professionnel created a style that also played off the honeycomb patterns in the clothes. To achieve the beautiful updo, Abraham [...]
It was a lot a bit rock ‘n’ roll at Diego Binetti’s fall 2013 presentation at the Westbeth Gallery today, with a collection of clothes tailored to a young, cool girl that featured sequins, mixed patterns and gloves of all lengths. Oribe Hair Care h
Camo, tweed, paisley, wool and an overall outdoors-woodsy vibe dominated the Perry Ellis by Duckie Brown Fall/Winter 2013 collection, showcased at the Highline Stages Tuesday. To tastefully contrast with the clothes, Holli Smith for Oribe Hair Care s
Fantasy Street Style was the name of the game at the Alice + Olivia presentation at the Highline Stages Monday. Moroccanoil Artistic Director Antonio Corral Calero entwined messy French braids for a sophisticated and playful updo, using braided exten
At Custo Barcelona’s Fall/Winter 2013 show, beauty and the beast was the theme, presented in a mix of tribal and ornamental pieces, including men in patchwork and printed high-necked tunics and women in fitted clothing with pronounced shoulders and a
The buzzword at Derek Lam’s Fall/Winter 2013 show was “bohemian minimalism,” and clothes featured structure with silhouettes and texture for an overall casual but luxurious quality. Stationed in the back rooms of the Sean Kelly Gallery, Orlando
At The Standard Hotel in New York City Friday, TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin created druid-like hair for Katie Gallagher’s Narnia-inspired collection that was predominantly black and combined form-fitting and draped pieces. The hairstyl
For Haus Alkire’s Fall 2013 show, Catwalk by TIGI Creative Director Heath Grout prepped models’ hair at the New York City TIGI Academy, his third season working with the fashion designer couple. Inspiration for the fall 2013 collection came from phot
FHI Heat brought its popular line of hot tools and set up shop at the Fender Music Lodge alongside the Associated Press Festival Headquarters during the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. The Lodge is the cornerstone to the social scene that
Walking the red carpet for The Screen Actor’s Guild Awards, Michelle Dockery wore a vintage Chado Ralph Rucci gown and equally elegant bob created by Celebrity Stylist Mara Roszak using Moroccanoil products. Create the Look: Beginning wit
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...