Tony Rizzo created the Alternative Hair Show in 1983 in memory of his son Valentino who died of leukemia. Since then, the show has grown to be one of the most prestigious annual hairdressing events and has raised over Â£7 million towards leukemia research. This past October, the show was held at The Royal Albert [...]
Congratulations to winners of the 25th annual British Hairdressing Awards! The awards were presented by Hairdressers Journal International and sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional at the JW Marriott Hotel in Londonâ€™s Park Lane. â€œBri
Planet Hair in Wichita, KS, hosted its 16th annual ArtAID event in October. More than 15,000 people attended the event, which featured a live and silent auction of artwork donated by local artists and collectors, a fashion show featuring fashion
TIGI Inspirational Youth, a team that receives training and mentoring on hairdressing techniques, presentation skills and trends from senior members of TIGI’s International Creative Team, recently rocked the house when they appeared on-stage at S
On Wednesday I gave you a first glimpse at my trip to Las Vegas for the (recently renamed) Color Zoom international finals for Goldwell. As promised, today I’m back with additional photos from the event. These pics were all taken Monday night at the
I just returned from a wonderful and inspiring trip to Las Vegas for the international finals of Goldwell Trend Zoom 2009 (being renamed Color Zoom for 2010). I was honored to be a judge for the United States finals back in June, but I loved being ab
On October 3, Elite Salon Systems hosted the third annual Pink Gala in Orlando, FL in memory of founder and breast cancer victim, Linda Martens. â€œSince our inception in 1981, my mother, Linda Martens, created the foundation of Elite Salon S
Last Thursday, UNITE Eurotherapy stylists from across America teamed up with Diane Von Furstenburg and the Susan G. Komen Foundation to put on an amazing fashion show at Smashbox Studios inÂ Hollywood, CA. The models consisted of celebrities li
Celebrity hairstylistâ€”and new addition to TLC’s What Not To Wearâ€”Ted Gibson celebrated the official grand opening of his eponymous salon outside of Washington D.C. last Thursday. The salon, which has partnered with Hela Spa to offer a t
On September 29, UNITE Eurotherapy and host Kristin Cavallari of MTV’s The Hills will present UNITE Unveiled at SkyBar in Hollywood, CA. At the event, Gen Art will be unveiling its new 2010 Fresh Face fashion designers (the actual Fresh Faces in Fash
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Franco Gobbi Knots Hair for Acne Studios Resort Presentation June 12, 2013
- Join Dermalogica’s Exclusive “Futurescape” Symposium in Los Angeles on September 9th and 10th June 11, 2013
- Iconic Colorist Kim Vo Becomes the Newest Millennium Software Client June 5, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...