This June 9–10, Oribe Hair Care will hold Backstage Miami, an educational event of hairstyling, makeup artistry and entertainment with the theme La Fama that pays tribute to the Latin roots of the brand’s founder, celebrity stylist Oribe. The event will include The Show and Hands-on Workshop. The Show will be a cross between a [...]
Halo Salon & Day Spa in Roseville, CA is gearing up for their charity hair show, HairWars, planned for June 28. Local salons and stylists will compete in a battle of the beauties with proceeds benefiting HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary, a 3
Year after year, the Costume Institute Benefit Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City brings together fashion’s elite to celebrate the museum’s latest exhibition in high style. This season highlighted PUNK: Chaos to Couture and s
Capozzi & Co. Salon, an Aveda beauty spot on Long Island, will present its fifth annual Shear Runway Project on Sunday, July 7 at Emporium in Patchogue, NY. The competing stylists will create hair, clothing and make-up looks fitting the 2013 them
The Spring 2014 Bridal Market week has filled Manhattan studios and showrooms with yards of carefully gathered tulle, intricate lace, sleek silk and every embellishment under the sun. Marchesa’s bridal collection, decidedly more floating down
Elaine Travis, longtime hairdresser and now owner of Splash Hair Studio near Philadelphia, staged a charitable hair and fashion show to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. With the Woman of the Year title from the Society— an honor besto
Each year, City of Hope’s National Professional Salon Industry (NPSI) honors a beauty industry leader for his or her outstanding professional and philanthropic contributions with the Spirit of Life® Award. This year’s Honoree is Ruben Carranza,
The Experience 2013, Millennium’s highly anticipated annual client conference and educational event is drawing near. The event is set to take place from June 23rd through the 25th at the beautiful Camelback Inn Resort and Spa in Scottsdale, AZ, w
Repêchage launched their new hair “facial”, Hydra-Amino18 Hair Spa Thermal Seaweed Mask, at Spa & Centro Técnico Repêchage in Curacao for group of 20 spa pros at the end of last year. The event focused on product knowledge, business st
The International Dermal Institute’s Director of Global Education Annet King inspired a full house of nearly 60 skincare pros with her “Fast Forward” presentation at the International Dermal Institute in New York City. King’s tw
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...