This summer, Organic Color Systems’ kicks off its Advanced Organic Color Certification seminars, led by a team of expert organic colorists and stylists. Seminars will cover the entire Organic Color Systems product line, color theory and feature models for color and treatment demonstrations. Classes are open to salon owners and professional hairdressers. Check if a [...]
The Beauty Changes Lives Enrolled Student Scholarship Competition launched last Friday, June 8. Four beauty students get the chance to win a mentorship opportunity with one of the following industry experts: celebrity hairstylist Ted Gibson; Co-found
Esteemed hairdresser and salon owner Eva Scrivo recently hosted a Balayage on Bond Street event at her eponymous salon in New York City to educate the beauty press about the process and benefits of using the artistic color technique. Scrivo says that
In our May issue, we showcase two glamorous looks from a recent Oribe Hair Care Artist Atelier event in New York City. At the two-day educational session, Oribe Hair Care Creative Directors Ronnie Stam and Tom Gallagher taught attendees how to achiev
Yesterday I had the pleasure of checking out Matrix Artistic Director Chrystofer Benson’s Visionary Shoot class in New York City. At the two-day educational experience, held at 28on27th.com’s photo studio, beauty pros got the the opportunity to lea
The Ted Gibson Academy will be hosting an educational event April 15–16, at the new Ted Gibson salon in the W hotel, in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from both stylist and salon owner Ted Gibson and colorist Ja
The 27th annual Caper Event for Paul Mitchell Schools was held at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas February 20–22, with more than 2,500 motivated future professionals in attendance. Each of the students who joined the 200 hundred staff members, eac
Pouf, frizz, flyaways: This is the price many clients have to pay in humidity-plagued regions like the South. Members of the largely textured market, rejoice! At the 2012 Bronner Bros. International Hair Show hosted in Atlanta February 18-21, Farouk
At this past ISSE, P&G Salon Professionals debuted a new exhibition format designed as a ‘masterclass’ set-up in which salon professionals could roam freely from platform to platform, experiencing education from each one of the company’s four b
Some of the world’s best hairdressers met in New York City on February 1, and on the 2nd in Atlantic City, NJ, to promote this spring’s The 4th Dimension: The Day of the Hair Dresser show, produced by Emiliani Enterprises to be held April 15–16
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...