Fifty-five stylists, salon owners and editors gathered at the Oribe Hair Care and The Doves educational event on October 29 at The Doves Studio in Santa Monica, CA. Chris and Sonya Dove joined Oribe’s Ronnie Stam and Louis Orozco as featured educators. The Doves began the demonstration segment utilizing the Oribe product range to create [...]
Bumble and bumble’s exclusive distributor for Florida, Texas and Louisiana, Be.Creative House, is hosting a showcase of the company’s craft and products December 2 from 7-10 p.m. at Miami’s The Light Box at Goldman Warehouse.
Moroccanoil and their Southern California distributor, Sweis Inc., recently hosted a Hair Trends party at the Andaz Hotel in West Hollywood, CA, to educate and inspire local salon owners and stylists.
This past Monday at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival, To The Wonder actress Rachel McAdams wore an emerald green Elie Saab gown complemented by a French twist hair ’do styled by celebrity hairstylist Thomas Dunkin for Sebastian Prof
John Paul Mitchell Systems (JPMS) welcomed over 3,500 hairstylists and salon owners to the ARIA Resort & Casino in Las Vegas for its annual Paul Mitchell The Gathering, held this past July. This year’s theme—I’MPOSSIBLE— inspired attendee
To coincide with our August cover feature Dark Shadows, showcasing the new Neo Goth collection from Aveda, we reveal the color how-tos of The Violette Look. —Aja Edwards Color by Ian Michael Black Aveda Artistic Dire
Earlier this week, actress Jessica Chastain stepped out in New York City for the screening of her new film Lawless at the Paley Center for Media. Chastain, also the new face of Yves Saint Laurent (YSL), wore a vintage YSL dress, YSL shoes and Tom
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is set to launch its new one-day Regional Salon Summits across the United States starting this fall. Created to help salon owners and beauty professionals elevate their business, careers and the beauty indust
At The Amazing Spiderman premiere in Los Angeles, Emma Stone complemented her white Chanel dress with a loose, textured, twisted bun created by stylist Mara Roszak for Moroccanoil and American Salon received the how-to on this simple yet chic ‘
This past May, Empire Education Group held its 8th Annual Future Professionals Expo in Hershey, Pennsylvania for its students across the country. Designed to jump start young professionals’ careers, this year 2,000 students attended advanced educat
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...