Such an amazing week. I got to take my first clients this week! My very first client was a blonde woman who wanted her roots touched up and lowlights put in her hair. I was so envious of her hair because if you didn’t know my next conquest is to go blonde, woo! She’s was [...]
This was our last week being “Proteges”, so starting tuesday we are finally able to take our own clients! It’s crazy that after only 8 weeks we are able to serve our own paying client. Sure I’m a bit nervous, but whenever I feel that was I just assur
In a new video on his website, Redken Platform Artist of the Year Sam Villa talks about where he sees the direction of hair heading. Check it out! (If the above link doesn’t work, visit http://samvilla.com/education.php?id_cat=13&id_subcat=67
My last week in Core was awesome. It was mainly a week made for reviewing before the tests we had Friday and Saturday. I was hardly there though because I went to Fashion Week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I got to study and review with my cla
Such a fun week! This week in core was a mix of men’s haircutting and spa. Half the day would be in class learning haircutting and the other half was with the skin girls. We leanred to cut both with our clippers using the clipper over comb technique,
Cutting Week was really fun! We started out the week in the classroom learning the basics of haircutting, a.k.a. The Core Cutting Objectives. They taught us all about how the principles of dimension, such as height width, depth, and elevation affecte
About a month ago, I blogged about my first BioLights experience with Rick Wellman at Patrick Melville Salon in NYCâ€”and I’m still loving the results of this unique highlighting technique. Now, all interested hair color professionals can lea
This week was all about the textures of peoples’ hair and how to change them. I.E.Â Perms and relaxers! We started the week learning about PH (Potential Hydrogen) and Acid and Alkaline and the affects they have on the hair. We also watched a video
Hey! Well week two was amazing! We got straight into color. The first day we spent in class learning about all the fantastic Paul Mitchell color products. I like Paul Mitchell’s color products because they try to be as damage-free and rejuvinating as
Whew, well hello everyone. First let me tell you a bit about myself. My name is Hanna Compton and I am 18. Just this week I had my first experiences attending The Cao Institute of Aesthetics, A Paul Mitchell Partner School. The school is absolutely w
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...