This year the IBS and IECSC shows were simply the best ever! The snow stayed away and the sun shined down on the Javits Center for all three beauty-filled days. Anybody who is anybody in the salon, spa and medi-spa business filled the classrooms hungry for what is new, hot and to learn some new [...]
There’s been allll sorts of makeup frenzy going on lately. It all started when renouned makeup artist James Vincent came to visit us at The Cao as our guest speaker. As a part of The Poweder Group and a good friend of Ree’s he came to tell us all abo
International Beauty Show (IBS) New York starts this Sunday, and we’ll be walking the floor, checking out the Main Stage and sitting in on classes to bring those of you who can’t make it to NYC an inside look at what’s happening. Stay tuned for our p
David Stanko, lead colorist at Manhattan’s Angelo David Salon and haircolor consultant for Redken, has released his first DVD, Lifestyle Coloring. The educational DVD goes beyond expected techniques for business-building and teaches colorists how to
To challenge its Level III Educators, L’Anza Healing Haircare presented them with the task of creating a complete, healthy look using L’Anza products. The reward? Bringing the concept to life at the next L’Anza photo shoot. The winner was Glen
On Wednesday, February 17 from 6 to 9pm EST, Goldwell will present a complimentary webinar designed to get colorists ready for the 2010 Color Zoom Challenge. The webinar will feature Deb Gavin, an international artist for the Color Zoom Team and
Wow, sorry everyone, it’s been a while since my last post, I was having computer problems forever! Anyway, I have lots to update you on so its good. School has been great, we’ve been busier than ever. Since I last spoke to you we’ve had Guilio, a
This week went by really quick! I’ve just been busy, getting boxes done, doing haircuts and colors. We had Nadene Bruders, a former Stateboard instructor who retired and created a book called Score! to help students study for Stateboard come in as ou
Using his own award-winning business model, industry authority Nick Arrojo will launch the Arrojo Ambassadors program on March 1, 2010. By becoming an Arrojo Ambassador partner, salons nationwide will be entitled to retail Arrojo’s signature haircare
Wow. Thats the only way I can sum up our visit from Winn Claybaugh and George Morales. They were just, amazing, awe-envoking, inspiring, straight forward and genius. Winn Spoke to us first and practically had half the room crying. He just made so muc
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...