Becoming an eco-friendly salon can seem like a daunting task, but these salons—seen in “It’s Easy Being Green” in our April issue—have more to share about how they took the plunge. Stephanie Schmidt, Verde Salon, Chandler, AZ: Stephanie Schmidt, an Organic Salon Systems Certified Colorist and Trainer, has also certified each of her stylists; they’re [...]
On April 22, 2013, which marks the annual global tradition of Earth Day, Aveda Salons and Institutes will host a 24-hour global hair-cut-a-thon to raise money for clean water projects. Aveda hairstylists from around the world will volunteer their exp
Zotos received the award at an event held in conjunction with the 2012 Renewable Energy Markets Conference in Washington, D.C. Zotos International, Inc. was awarded with a 2012 Green Power Leadership Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Ag
In conclusion of American Salon’s Eco Brief series for Earth Month, Zotos International shared with us some great news on how they are changing their company to be more efficient and green. Zotos International has partnered with the Environm
Technical Director Rebecca Gregory and Creative Consultant Jennifer Andrews of Organic Salon Systems spilled their green tips to American Salon for our Eco-Brief series—tips you can use all year long to save money, save salon resources and
In continuation with our Eco Briefs series honoring April as Earth Month, American Salon complied a list of eco-friendly products that are great for the environment and for clients. Take notes and then stock up to save your clients from harsh chemica
Complexions Spa for Beauty and Wellness in Albany, NY has always been dedicated to “green” practices and focused on helping the environment rather than harming it. To keep up this impressive track record, the spa celebrated Earth Day by givin
Aveda Fredric’s Institute now calls a pre-existing 28,000 sq. ft. space its new home in West Chester, Ohio. Before owners Frederic and Julie Holzberger sought out to find a new space for their expanding school, they knew th
As part of our month long blog series, Eco-Briefs, celebrating April as Earth Month, Aveda let American Salon in on their top water conserving secrets. Take these tips and integrate them into your salons, and even your ho
As part of our month long blog series, Eco Briefs, celebrating April as Earth Month, we’ve reached out to companies that maintain an eco-lifestyle year-round to get some easy tips for keeping green in the beauty industry. Hair care company Pureo
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...