The International Salon & Spa Expo Long Beach (ISSE Long Beach) is embracing the Olympic spirit with the announcement of a series of new hair competitions that will take place from January 28 – 30, 2012. The hair competitions will cover two categories – students (juniors) and licensed professionals (seniors). Both the juniors and seniors [...]
Two slots remain for the finalists of Matrix Spread the Love 2012. Watch the videos of the semifinalists and vote for your favorite to fill the two remaining slots! The top two candidates with the highest number of votes will be among those chosen
Betty Pemberton, owner of Impressions the Salon and Spa in Danville, KY, and her team have been selected as the grand prize winners of the Matrix Fashion’s Night Out National Event competition. Matrix challenged the entire Spread the Love community t
Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2012, Cosmetologists Chicago (CC) will present an annual Leo Passage Gold Trophy to the top cumulative point-winner in the association’s Stars Photo Competition. The award was created to memorialize Leo Passage, C
The results are in for the winners of the Redken/American Salon Runway Reinvention Contest! Contestants were asked to use Redken products to recreate the ‘6os-inspired French pleat Redken Creative Consultant Guido styled for the fall 2011 Bottega
Time is running out for stylists to enter Empire Education Group’s “Become the Next Master of Beauty” contest. More than 250 beauty professionals have entered the online contest, and one lucky winner will receive $10,000, a high-end education p
Redken announced its ten 2011 scholarship recipients, all of whom are current or prospective cosmetology students of The Salon Professional Academy (TSPA). The winners will receive a check for $2,500 to be applied directly toward their tuition. Candi
In celebration of the one-year anniversary of the launch of its popular Control Force Hair Spray, Aveda has dubbed today, July, 12, 2011, Sky High Hair Day. To mark the occasion, the company is hosting a free Livestream broadcast featuring Aveda Nort
Last week, I was lucky enough to be a judge for the Goldwell Color Zoom Challenge US semi-finals. After four years on the judging panel for this prestigious competition, I continue to be impressed by the quality of work, dedication and creativity of
Hairstylists in the Walla Walla, WA, area recently competed in a hair and makeup styling event named ‘Lather, Rinse, Defeat,’ their own local version of Bravo’s Shear Genius. For four weeks, stylists competed in randomly assigned teams. Loca
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...