One of the winners of Redken’s Road to NAHA (North American Hairstyling Awards) contest, Jasmine Gibbs of Jazz It Up NYC salon in Brooklyn, NY, has been selected as a NAHA 2012 finalist. To enter the Road to NAHA contest, Gibbs had to create a signature look using Redken products. As a winner of that [...]
Don’t forget to vote for your favorite stylist in the HairUWear and Great Lengths second annual Great Lengths USA Challenge. The contest is happening on their Facebook page right now until January 31. The top three finalists will be flown to the Ame
The 2012 Matrix Spread the Love Ambassadors have been chosen. The six recent cosmetology school grads are sharing their enthusiasm for the beauty industry and soaking up knowledge by visiting 50 salons and schools, as well as other destinations,
One Styling is offering a unique online giveaway for hair stylists who really want to showcase their talents. Stylists are invited to create their very own ad campaign by submitting a photo of their favorite creation. Each week from December 21, 20
Attention all cosmetology students! P&G Salon Professional (PGSP) is conducting its third Student Stylist Competition at the 2012 America’s Beauty Show on March 5 in Chicago, IL. Fabio Sementilli, PGSP creative director, will present first place
Last week, American Salon/Redken Runway Reinvention contest-winner Liubov (Liubi) Rachmanina flew to New York City to have dinner with the American Salon editorial team, shop the Redken 5th Avenue store and have breakfast with Redken Creative Consult
Brazilian Blowout introduces a new contest for stylists called “Do you BB?”, giving stylists nationwide the opportunity to tell their story, expose their creativity and possibly win one of five grand prizes, including being featured in the Brazilian
Ten schools across the country were selected as finalists of the Global Green USA Green School Makeover Competition, presented by Pureology. A panel of judges will evaluate the schools and select one winner of a grand prize for energy efficiency and
Tracey Cunningham, Redken creative consultant for color, was awarded the Colorist of the Year Award onstage at the 2011 Hollywood Style Awards. The ceremony celebrated the trendsetters in fashion and honored celebrities, influencers and style elite.
HairUWear and Great Lengths are excited to announce that legendary front man for Aerosmith, Steven Tyler, will be joining the panel of judges for the 2nd Annual Great Lengths USA Challenge. “We’re thrilled!” says Brett Butcher, Great Length USA
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...