At this year’s Yigal Azrouel spring show at Highline Studio, things were kept fashionably casual, mimicking “something a girl in New York would buy,” said Jimmy Paul, hairstylist for Bumble and bumble. “It’s a simple look, very urbane, very real,” he said. Most Azrouel models’ hair was dyed a platinum blonde and was styled for [...]
The Hyden Yoo spring 2012 collection was inspired by the Oscar nominated film L’amant, reviving a 1920s look and playing off the plot’s romance between an expat and a South Asian native during neocolonialism. Guests strolled through the tent and
The final part of this year’s Breast Cancer Awareness product list is here! Now it’s time to fill your salon with these pretty pink items. Product: Raquel Welch/HairUWear Website: hairuwear.com/raquel-welch The new Freeform Lace Front collec
Product: Joico Beauty for a Cure Pink Tool Kit Website: joico.com/beauty-for-a-cure Joico’s BCA limited edition K-PAK Quadraion Pro-Dryer, JoiMist Firm/JoiWhip Duos and the first ever Joico/Shiseido Glimmer of Hope gift set support Beauty for a
Support the cause and get pretty in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month by filling your salon’s retail shelves with these brands’ products: Product: Andis Pink Style Tourmaline/Ionic/Ceramic Hair Dryer Website: andis.com Andis’ pink d
Luminous haircolor and elegant styling merged in American Salon’s August cover feature, “Night Moves,” shot by esteemed photographer Laurent Darmon. The striking looks, inspired by New York City’s fashion-forward nightlife scene, were the work of L’O
With several locations in California’s Bay Area, diPietro Todd Salons are on the cutting edge of hair trends. The creative team’s new Pale Perfect collection shows off both gorgeous blonde haircolor and classic styling inspired by Hollywood’s glamoro
Styling gravity-defined and gypsy-inspired looks, Paul Wilson, lead stylist for American Crew, created the runway hair for Duckie Browne’s 2011 Fall and Winter collections today at The Studio in Lincoln Center. Wilson’s hairstyles paired well wit
You read about Goldwell’s Color Zoom 2010 competition in Paris in our December issue; now check out some videos from the event! First up, the Mondo Valentino hair show: Introducing Goldwell’s Play Hard collection for Color Zoom 2011:
Brian and Sandra Smith are a power couple in life and in the professional beauty industry. The duo have extensive skills in haircutting and avant garde styling, and have demonstrated their expertise by creating distinctive hairstyles for runway shows
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...