Dare we say it, but it feels like spring in New York today! With the change in the weather, hair too deserves a brighter hue to match. Patrick McIvor, Goldwell and KMS California artistic and techniculture director, recommends spending extra consultation time with clients to create an updated spring color. Two salon owners shared their [...]
Sarah McNamara Beauty New York launched its Miracle Skin Transformer line earlier this month in the United Kingdom. The full product range— Miracle Skin Transformer SPF20, Treat & Conceal, Body SPF20, Heal Everything Balm, Triple Active Nig
Kérastase Paris announced a partnership with world-renowned supermodel Kate Moss in association with the brand’s expansion from haircare to styling products. Moss will serve as the muse for the new collection called “Couture Styling.” Kerastas
For Haus Alkire’s Fall 2013 show, Catwalk by TIGI Creative Director Heath Grout prepped models’ hair at the New York City TIGI Academy, his third season working with the fashion designer couple. Inspiration for the fall 2013 collection came from phot
Our February issue features Tim Hartley’s Rare Beauty collection, showcasing precision cutting and classic hairdressing techniques inspired by Vidal Sassoon. Check out the rest of the collection here, along with the basic steps Tim used to get the lo
This past December designer Jason Wu showcased his pre-fall 2012 collection, and as an appropriate accent, the models showing off the designer’s cool new duds all had fingertips glazed in OPI Nail Lacquer’s Got the Blues for Red. The rich
OPI’s Suzi Weiss-Fischmann joined the Kardashian/Jenner family to celebrate the opening of the family’s new lifestyle boutique, Kardashian Khaos. The store, located inside the Mirage Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, will
Eufora’s Annual Global Connection Event entertained over 700 stylists, salon owners, educators and distributors from October 23rd to 24th at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront in San Diego, CA. Eufora founders Don and Beth Bewley encouraged attendees to “
Matrix and American Salon show just how sexy brunettes can be our exclusive photo shoot appearing in the November issue (page 74). Called “Foxy Browns,” the feature showcases Matrix’s full range of brown haircolor lines designed to meet the needs of
Natural, effortless, beauty was the theme at the Spring 2012 Rag & Bone fashion show. Guido, the lead hairstylist for Redken, wanted to create his own version of the “mid-nineties British rave culture” with simple yet glamorous styles.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...