Jada Pinkett Smith attended the 2011 Grammy’s with a beautiful voluminous style created by celebrity hairstylist Marcia Hamilton. To start, Hamilton washed the hair using White Sands Vegan Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner and gently towel dried it before spraying Porosity The Fix from roots to ends. Starting at the center, she created vertical sections running [...]
Downtown at the Rag + Bone show in SoHo, amid the cacophony of hairdryers and a team of twenty stylists, Guido was creating hair that was simple, youthful and playful which helped to offset the texture of Rag & Bone’s 2011 Winter collection w
While Fergie’s Super Bowl halftime performance with the Black Eyed Peas may have left some viewers underwhelmed, her glamorous golden haircolor was anything but lackluster. Redken Creative Consultant for Color Tracey Cunningham created the singer’s w
Melissa Leo, who won Best Supporting Actress for her role in The Fighter, turned heads on the red carpet with her elegant updo by celebrity stylist Creighton Bowman. To achieve her look, Bowman started by applying René Furterer Modeling Paste at the
In true Hollywood style, hairstylist Andy Lecompte created a soft, classic look to complement Megan Fox’s elegant one-strap gown.To achieve her voluminous waves, Lecompte prepped Fox’s hair with Phyto Professional Intense Volume Mousse before blo
I recently spoke to Gossip Girl stylist Betsy Reyes about how she and fellow stylist Elizabeth Reilly and hair lead Jennifer Johnson create the starlets’ signature looks for our January 2011 issue (page 30). Their key tools? Styling tools from Turb
On Wednesday evening, Young Hollywood gathered at the Andy Lecompte Salon in Los Angeles for the launch party for Black 15in1, a styling/healing product that aims to solve 15 hair problems at once. Celebrities in attendance included Mena Suvari, Ashl
Loving Drew Barrymore’s beautiful blonde locks on the cover of the October issue of Harper’s Bazaar? Redken Creative Consultant for Color Tracey Cunningham created the “rooty” look, which she says is perfect for anyone with a fun, flirty personality
Tune in to Oxygen this coming Tuesday, Aug. 10, for Hair Battle Spectacular, a new TV series that pits 10 outrageous stylists against each other to see who can create the most spectacular fantasy hair designs and win the $100,000 prize. Hosted by act
Sebastian Professional Stylist Thomas Dunkin crafted a voluminous rocker-chic ‘do on Lucy Punch for the Dinner for Schmucks premiere in New York City July 19. Dunkin shares step-by-step how to achieve the look: 1. Apply a liberal amount of Sebast
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...