At the HP TouchSmart Gift Lounge backstage at the Nokia Theatre, in celebration of the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards, HP made a $100,000 donation to the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation on behalf of each star that visited the Lounge. Stars were gifted The Sedu Revolution Clipless Curling Iron, Pro Tourmaline Ionic 4000i [...]
Last night, Nicole Richie attended Charlotte Ronson’s Beauty Launch event for Sephora in West Hollywood sporting a fun yet sophisticated 1960s-inspired fringe and high ponytail. Wella Professionals celebrity stylist Andy Lecompte tells us how he gave
After more than 10 years of playing brainy Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies, Emma Watson is all grown up and casting a spell on style critics across the world. She recently showed off a sophisticated new look at the international premi
For our June issue, I chatted with celebrity colorist Rona O’Connor about her client Blake Lively’s brunette hue in Green Lantern (out June 17). When I saw Lively’s amazing new red locks at the Time 100 gala just a couple of weeks later, I immedi
We just loved Michelle Williams’ elegant look at the annual Met Ball, held on Monday at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Perfectly complementing her black Miu Miu gown accented with metallic swallows and Fred Leighton jewelry, Williams’ cropped plat
When Catherine Middleton wed Prince William this morning at at Westminster Abbey, she wore her hair in an elegant demi-chignon styled by James Pryce of Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa, a L’Oréal Professionnel salon that has been Middleton’s favorite
Celebrity colorist and Ted Gibson Salon co-owner Jason Backe created this exclusive video for American Salon as he set out to give supermodel Brooklyn Decker her new beachy blonde haircolor.
In honor of Ladybug Month in May, SHE by SO.CAP USA Hair Extensions is joining forces with The Project Ladybug Fund at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital (SJCH) for the second annual Lucky Locks program. From May 1st through June 7th, participa
For our April issue, I reported on celebrity stylist Rene Fris’ new online consultation service. For a mere fraction of his in-person cost you can log on to his website, upload three photos and Fris will personally analyze them. After, he sends back
In our March issue, we introduced you to the new Redken Gold Rush collection and gave you Tracey Cunningham’s tips on using the new shades to warm up brunettes for spring. Here, Cunningham shares what’s hot for redheads and blondes: Redheads: “T
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...